Vixen the 1.0E... "Lupo to Watch 2013"- Carbon BBS RMs

JoeA

Come Thursday when I get paid, I'm getting the same central locking kit :D my n/s lock has ****ed and have to unlock through the passengers door :P

You fitting it yourself or paying someone ?

I'm going to have a look at the wiring :P there's the 36 pound kit that has everything apart from alarm, I wanted alarm so had to order a kit with just motors (which gives you non remote central locking for £17) and then preceded their flip key alarm kit that controls the motors when you arm the alarm.

I predict a ball ache...

Haha yea I can imagine. Yea I was going to get the kit without alarm. But thinking about it I might do what you have.

I'm not gunna do it, my mates got 2 vauxhall nova's and he fitted locks and alarms to them both so I'll get him to do it :P

Yeah :) aslong as it doesn't leak, comes out the back, and passes emissions (which it should do I you leave the cat alone) you're sorted :)

Okay...

Busy busy past few days, where do i start

Got some Philips Diamond vision bulbs, not as bright as night breakers but they're still brighter than standard bulbs. The colour is amazing, this picture doesn't show it well, if i get a chance, ill use the SLR and mess with the white balance. Diamond vision left, night breaker right.

IMG_0563.jpg

Did a quick external detail on an S4 cab, 40 minutes and it came out real nice. Going back next week for a full day on it. Vixen in the background, i need a van lol

IMG_0564.jpg

Fitted the 25mm rear spacers, Before pic

IMG_0566.jpg

Another before pic

IMG_0567.jpg

Afterwards

IMG_0568.jpg

Another after shot

IMG_0570.jpg

All done and cleaned

IMG_0571.jpg

Some photos of Vixen taken by the talented Adam R4 at the CLNW meet last night

555021_3705877844274_1195353657_3656251_1890698919_n.jpg

533314_3705882924401_1195353657_3656259_921407337_n.jpg540064_3705884324436_1195353657_3656260_1181700737_n.jpg

Then i got home, gave here a rinse off

IMG_0575-1.jpg

Needs waxing again, been over a week ;)

IMG_0576.jpg

As far as plans go,

-Still got rclick central locking and alarm kit to go in, just waiting on my auto sparky to get back to me.

-Ordered some new audio gear:

-Alpine type r components (spr-60c) to go in the front, type r two ways will then move to the back.

-Alpine KTP-445 power pack for a little more grunt.

-Some sound deadening (cheap dynamat) as i want the speakers fitting in a little better this time.

Edited by joeadamou

Well, its been ups and downs today...

Yesterday i finished my tweeters, I've taken the speaker unit out of the oem tweeters and fitted my alpines in the same place to it all looks totally oem. Got up this morning and fitted them, running all the wires behind the dash was a task but did it in the end. Put the door speakers in and the crossovers, and fitted my KTP-445 inline amp. Really happy with how it sounds, going to swap the rear type E's for the R's tomorrow aswell.

Waiting on my dynamat gear to arrive and ill fit all that in.

did discover a problem today :( my drivers seat wouldn't lock back into position, under close inspection some mechanism parts had fallen off. Took it to VW who reckon on £80 for a rebuild, seems steep but i just want it sorted, no way do i want to do any longer than i have to with one lupo e seat and one gti seat!

just a question, was you around maningtree the other night?

nevermind haha, down near ipswich lol, saw a lupo almost the same as yours :) love your wheels

So the dealership couldn't fix it, bloody useless, crap service too, stay away from Dane Wirral VW.

I brought the seat home, took the passenger one out, put them side by side and i think I've worked it out. Ordered some E-clips, if they don't sort it, Koop is going to sort me out big time on saturday :D so seats should be back in for Early Edition.

Speaking of early edition, I've got a lot to do, car needs a good 5hour clean and got some lovely goodies to go on, watch this space ;)

Here's a little snap of my rear speaker install (Alpine SPR-17C) :)

IMG_0589.jpg

Here she is after a snow foam at work, iPhone camera making here look a lot higher than she is.

IMG_0579.jpg

Edited by joeadamou

Nice work on the rear speakers what you doing with the door cards?