Worth waiting for ?

Hopcraft

Right i'm currently at University and have had my Clio Sport for nearly two years in June.

I'm living in the city centre of Nottingham and get to about 30mph tops if i'm using my car around town and then sometimes commute home to Northampton.

Have always loved Lupo's as my first car was an SDI for two years and 40k.

I always like to upgrade to a quicker, better car, but being at Uni i don't get the full use out of a 2L so i think it's wise to downgrade to save on Tax, Petrol and maybe even Insurance.

I'm thinking Loop GTI, but i'm only after one in Anthracite..

Whats the chances of finding one ?

I'm not fussed as i don't owe anything on the Clio Sport but i'm thinking a little Loop GTI for 2 years until i finish Uni and then upgrade to a new style S3 would be a good move.

How many actually are there ?

Sorry about the essay.

Looking at what you are trying to get out of your car, I would suggest a TDI; with a remap if you want a bit of extra power.

£35 a year tax, good on diesel and pretty quick and torquey!

definately wait for the one you want...

just missed one for sale I think :/

they are quite rare, but blue is the rarest with only 25 UK models built :)

Grey is the rarest out of the lot with least sold but blue is is not so far behind,

Yes I would deffinatly say wait as if you rush in to it you will only see one a later on and you will think I wish I waited and got that one :blush:

I'm thinking Loop GTI, but i'm only after one in Anthracite..

How many actually are there ?

Remaining GTI & Sport Numbers

Whats the chances of finding one ?

Slim, have only seen 4 for sale with in the last 6 months, with all selling pretty quickly.

they are quite rare, but blue is the rarest with only 25 UK models built :)

Would like to know your souce for this infomation?

Grey is the rarest out of the lot with least sold but blue is is not so far behind,

Yep, overall Anthracite is the rarist colour. But rarist shade is Laser blue, then Anthracite then Raven blue.

Lad on cliosport.net had one on Renault 19 rims and lowered on FK's, this is basically making me want one. He sold it without me knowing, gutted was an understatement, lol.

It was me that got in there quick and bought it! It's definitely worth waiting for the right one though.

If I can find a laser blue one then I'll sell it to you :shades:

It was me that got in there quick and bought it! It's definitely worth waiting for the right one though.

Go and get your cheque book... :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-VOLKSWAGEN-LUPO-GTI-BLUE-23-000-Miles-FVWSH_W0QQitemZ120556899803QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item1c11c04ddb

It was the one that was on here for a short while just after being bought when new!

Go and get your cheque book... :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-VOLKSWAGEN-LUPO-GTI-BLUE-23-000-Miles-FVWSH_W0QQitemZ120556899803QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item1c11c04ddb

It was the one that was on here for a short while just after being bought when new!

He seems very fussy about his methods of payment!!

OH FFS! No way has that just come up for sale! Bought new by 'blupo', then sold to 'tof1' I think.

Only thing about that car that bothers me is if the doors are aluminium or not, because it doesn't have the little tabs like every other gti does, and it has non-gti wing mirror inside covers :wacko:

Edited by jon_273

OH FFS! No way has that just come up for sale! Bought new by 'blupo', then sold to 'tof1' I think.

Only thing about that car that bothers me is if the doors are aluminium or not, because it doesn't have the little tabs like every other gti does, and it has non-gti wing mirror inside covers :wacko:

Any idea what those tabs are for?

Eagle eyed jon ;)

I spotted that Lupo today, £8,250 is very expensive.

Only £7500, with out being serviced. ;)

But one of a kind spec, 55 plate, Laser blue, air con, heated leather seats, 23k miles.

tof1 / laser55, must still own it as it says that he purchased it from the first owner (Blupo).

You interested Jon? :shades:

Does anyone know how many laser blue GTI's there are? From looking though the thread James made, a few people have said that any blue ones sold in 2005 are laser blue?

On the chart it says there were 5 blue ones sold in 2005...does this mean there are a maximum of 5 laser blue ones?

I want one! lol

Does anyone know how many laser blue GTI's there are? From looking though the thread James made, a few people have said that any blue ones sold in 2005 are laser blue?

On the chart it says there were 5 blue ones sold in 2005...does this mean there are a maximum of 5 laser blue ones?

Not many! :lol:

I doubt anyone will know exactly, as its not 100% clear when the change over to Laser blue was done in production. Then there is the delay from production to retail. Although on LupoClub.info they said this...

LupoClub.info' date='June 28 2009, 17:33 PM']Raven Blue were the GTI's until the summer of 2003, then made the change in production from Wolfsburg to Brussels and then came the Laser Blue.

Plus as jon_273 said in the 'Remaining GTI numbers' thread, Laser blue was not even availiable for in GTI in the sales brochure 05/06. So how any exist is remarkable. :confused:

I want one! lol

FS on eBay ATM...

Maybe your only chance :lol:

I will actually hold you to this :)

I will actually hold you to this :)

Hopcraft, you're looking to spend c.£8k on a Lupo GTI for now and then an S3 when you graduate...not bad for a student :D

I remember when I was at University we shared a house (6 lads) and one time the only remaining item of food in the house was a Fray Bentos pie that had been left by the previous tenants :lol:

Anyway, back to the point, the dude selling the blue Lupo on EBay kinda has a point about payments as Banker's drafts are not a safe method these days ( I can post a thread on this if anyone is interested). I remember going through this when I sold my M3 Evo, I demanded cash in used £20 notes (50s are notorious for being fakes and at the time there was a glut of fake 20s in circulation). Fortunately the guy's Mom worked in a bank so was able to get the cash as requested (all £8k of it).

The blue Lupo also has heated leather and aircon which can't be common, and as they say it's worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. As for one of the lowest mileage Lupos in the UK I can run him close....mine's on 24,400 at the mo...the little beauty :P

I spotted this Lupo last night and my mouth fell open! Lovely colour on this car.

Now who fancies buying my black 54 reg so I can run this blue one for a few months?!

Ah it was Sam's one you missed.

I remember when Pepsi on ClioSport had his Lupo GTI....that convinced me to sell my Clio and get a Lupo.

Nice to see you want the downgrade. Mine is up for sale atm if you're interested in a swap? Although it's boring silver...:lol:

Ah it was Sam's one you missed.

I remember when Pepsi on ClioSport had his Lupo GTI....that convinced me to sell my Clio and get a Lupo.

Nice to see you want the downgrade. Mine is up for sale atm if you're interested in a swap? Although it's boring silver...:lol:

Yeah it was. Ar Joe was telling me about when he had one. But to be fair his 182 was stunning.

I have had a look at it, but i think im going to wait for a anthracite one. Sounds wierd, but i'd rather have me Clio than a Lupo GTI, unless its in anthracite, lol.

Nothing wrong with silver bud. Had a Lupo SDI in silver, then wanted a Saxo VTR in silver, but got a black one instead, then wanted a silver VTS, but got a silver Clio sport instead, lol.

GF thinks i'm boring.