Calling all 1.0 and 1.4 petrol engine Lupo Owners!!!

AwesomeAl

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep it's my car and it was completely standard. Pick it up in the morning

and can't wait to see what it's like to drive, will let you all know soon.

How is it to drive mate? Didn't get a chance to road test the car myself, and wouldn't have been ideal anyway since I've never actually driven a standard one.

Would love to know how you are getting on with it mate!

Still looking for 1x 1.0, 1x 1.4 8v, 1x 1.4 16v (75hp) and 1x 1.4 16v (100hp)

Any takers?

Edited by awesome_al

hey i got a lupo 1.4 16v sport how much this gonna cost i saw wat the arosa got out of it was very good would be about the same dont u think

To be fair, the one we mapped was margainly higher power than standard anyway, but yes, you should see a similar gain. :shades:

Its 400 pounds mate, wouldnt bother with it.... :innocent:

Either get on the phone and book yours in or stop trying to put people off you bamboo muncher. lol

Right sorry not posted up sooner but wanted to do some miles in the arosa

will get a pic up of the cold air induction filter 2mor

right.... have noticed the car is a lot more responsive and revs quicker since the remap and

seem to be ever so slightly quicker. the mpg seems to have gone up a little as well, the

biggest improvement is low down from 1K to 3K seems a lot more chirpy.

am well happy with it!

edit: pic now added

DSC00510.jpg

Edited by faithless

Here's the results from Gibbeth's 1.4 16v 75bhp :)

1475hp.jpg

Unfortunately we didn't get a 100% standard rolling road run done, However the line with 85bhp Peak is with a K&N Pannel filter fitted and the Hot-Air feed from the Manifold Cover removed and blanked.

We were quite supprised by this one! Managed a Cracking 90bhp @ the Flywheel, and 96lb/ft of Torque! Over certain areas of the power range we managed an almost 10bhp increase!

Just been out on a short road test in the car and I must say I am impressed! The difference between when the car first came to us a couple of days ago and how it drives now is quite impressive! I didn't expect it to be quite as smooth as it was! Really seems to pull better in the lower gears!

Anyway I will leave the rest for Gibbeth to report on :-)

sweet! thats quite impressive for the 75hp i defo want one now lol, i feel a trip to manchester coming on. so after these special ones how much we gonna be looking for the remap?? :shades:

Looks like a healthy improvement, what results have you seen on the 1.4 TDi's?

I've been driving one all week and it feels a bit asthmatic compared to the fabia VRs i ran for a year (which figures seeing as its lost a cylinder :D ).

Just this minute got in, traffic was bloody hell, stupid friday traffic.

Anyway, the cars much better. Once your at motorway speed, it seems to pull much better, and at roundabouts, it feels to pull much better. Ive just done motorway miles really, so cant say much around the low gears, but ill update once Ive driven it about for a few days, and ill try and work out an avergae MPG while driving carefully. That might be a couple of weeks though. :shades:;)

Guest LupoDan

Still after 1.4 16V 100bhp Sports?

My brother would love to get involved with his Arosa...

S8300891.jpg

Just got a BMC on it at the minute, but he's looking at a full exhaust system and manifold.

Could rush it, get them done and then do it or do it before?

What you think?

Looks like a healthy improvement, what results have you seen on the 1.4 TDi's?

I've been driving one all week and it feels a bit asthmatic compared to the fabia VRs i ran for a year (which figures seeing as its lost a cylinder :D ).

Can get about 110bhp out of them. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

Just this minute got in, traffic was bloody hell, stupid friday traffic.

Anyway, the cars much better. Once your at motorway speed, it seems to pull much better, and at roundabouts, it feels to pull much better. Ive just done motorway miles really, so cant say much around the low gears, but ill update once Ive driven it about for a few days, and ill try and work out an avergae MPG while driving carefully. That might be a couple of weeks though. :shades:;)

Shame it took so long to get home mate. Go for a bit of a drive this weekend and get a propper feel of how the car drives ! :) I'm sure you'll be as impressed as I was!

Still after 1.4 16V 100bhp Sports?

My brother would love to get involved with his Arosa...

Just got a BMC on it at the minute, but he's looking at a full exhaust system and manifold.

Could rush it, get them done and then do it or do it before?

What you think?

To be fair its probably going to benefit him more to have it mapped after fitting the exhaust system, manifold, sports cat etc.

The only thing with that is, Ideally were looking for Standard cars, or cars as close to standard as possible.

If he's happy to go ahead and get it mapped before the Manifold etc, Get him to post up on here ;)

Edited by AwesomeAl

Guest LupoDan
To be fair its probably going to benefit him more to have it mapped after fitting the exhaust system, manifold, sports cat etc.

The only thing with that is, Ideally were looking for Standard cars, or cars as close to standard as possible.

If he's happy to go ahead and get it mapped before the Manifold etc, Get him to post up on here ;)

I'll have a word bro. :)

I'll have a word bro. :)

Excelent mate, Let me know!

Hi Al!

Are you still after another 1.4 16v (75hp)?? If so, let me know, only work round the corner in the new industrial units!

its 100% Standard anyway!

Got my Altea coming into you in 2 weeks for a service as well :)

I can't quite remember but I think I've already got our second 1.4 16v 75hp booked in. If we haven't though I'll let you know :)

Where is it you work mate?

Would you be able to do a map for a 1.2 12v by say the end of this year?

Quite possibly my friend! I'll have a word with the boss and see if he'd be interested in developing something for it :)

have you already done one then?

Got one booked in next week I think.

If I could mate, I would.

Would you be able to do a map for a 1.2 12v by say the end of this year?
Quite possibly my friend! I'll have a word with the boss and see if he'd be interested in developing something for it :)

Ok cool. There are a lot of People on the Club Polo forum with 1.2 12v's who should be interested as it's a very popular engine.