removing aerial & base

emo_gazz

to remove the aerial you just screw it away from the base. to remove the base you will need to remove the headlining, be careful tho as it will bend and tear.

after the head lining is removed then youwill need to get a spanner. not t sure wha size from the top of my head and then undo the bolt that hold the base to the roof altho be carful again as if you pall/push to hard it will start to move the roof panel which may cause a dent.

• 2 years later...

Rear C pillar covers off and rear grad handles off to gently pull down the rear of the roof lining.

Once roof is exposed the aerial base nut is a 22mm........undo that and unplug the black aerial lead, which will then allow you to remove the whole aerial from above the roof.

I also create and convert Golf Mk5 shark fin aerials on the side. The reception is not a strong as the original beesting but is a compromise I like and others do too. It does help if you connect an aerial booster that is usually fitted as standard if you have an aftermarket headunit

£40 +£3 recorded delivery

a.jpg

b.jpg

AFTER colour coding

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

ahhhh that does look quite swiiiissssshhh i must say! as to the gti spoiler i dont think it will hit as the origianl aerials only get bent a bit and they dont mess with the base.i still myself prefer the lupo without an aerial! does anyone actually listen to the radio? i suppose if your goin o work and that but i use it for social and even when going to work i still listen to the old ipod

How big is the hole that is left?

haaa i agree about the selling but then again im in the process of smoothing everything out and taking off as much 'stuff' as possible, if someone wanted to buy it then they would have tough luck for radio 1!

cheers about the hole problem,now i just need to know if its a bodyshop or a DIY filler job?