Jump to content
lupo1.0se

Vw Lupo Press Cars

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, VwDan said:

I have X907NJO the Topgear one, its siting in the shed for a number of years now.

Can we have some pics. It would be nice to see it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updates.

 

New car found (T62DBW)

Updates on Yellow 1.0e (L4UPO) and Silver gti (L5UPO)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two more cars added.

T61DBW (Car Magazine)

L4upo silver gti (Car magazine)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another car added. S112JWN. Although very little is known about this car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even more added.

X904NJO

Y937DWL

L3upo (blue auto)

T61DBW updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My GTI has a red I. Does that mean it was built in Wolfsburg and does that explain why some reg lookups see it as a VW 1600 fastback?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, dirk1978 said:

My GTI has a red I. Does that mean it was built in Wolfsburg and does that explain why some reg lookups see it as a VW 1600 fastback?

The easy way is to check you chassis number. If it had a w in it then yes it would be wolfsberg. Red I is a indicator to this too. Not sure on the last question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, lupo1.0se said:

The easy way is to check you chassis number. If it had a w in it then yes it would be wolfsberg. Red I is a indicator to this too. Not sure on the last question

My logbook shows the car as a VW 1600 fastback. But the emissions is correct and the registered date etc. and some systems (e.g. ECP) bring the correct vehicle type up. I just always assumed it was a weirdness of being imported by VW dealers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dirk1978 said:

My logbook shows the car as a VW 1600 fastback. But the emissions is correct and the registered date etc. and some systems (e.g. ECP) bring the correct vehicle type up. I just always assumed it was a weirdness of being imported by VW dealers.

Edit. Ignore my last response as it is a ravern blue gti I noticed.

 

Just checked mine and this is all ok. I would contact the DVLA at that is clearly a mistake. What I have noticed on how many left is something happened on that year on 1600 ta fastback and the registrations spiked by about 200 cars. Maybe this is where your car comes into this.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen_1600_ta_fastback#!manufacture

Edited by lupo1.0se

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2017 at 9:20 PM, lupo1.0se said:

The easy way is to check you chassis number. If it had a w in it then yes it would be wolfsberg. Red I is a indicator to this too. Not sure on the last question

Can you clarify where the "w" is supposed to be in the chassis number as they all start with a WVW ? thanks, Frank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Example

WVW ZZZ 6EZ 2W 123456

WVW - VW Build

ZZZ - Filler in European markets, but emissions info in USA

6EZ - Chassis designation

2W - 2002 chassis year, Wolfsburg Built

123456 - Chassis number sequence

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

Example

WVW ZZZ 6EZ 2W 123456

WVW - VW Build

ZZZ - Filler in European markets, but emissions info in USA

6EZ - Chassis designation

2W - 2002 chassis year, Wolfsburg Built

123456 - Chassis number sequence

Pretty much what I suspect. Thanks Lupogtiboy

 

5 hours ago, hoddlewaddle said:

Love this thread, huge amount of effort going in!

Thank you. It took a long time. I am looking for the magazines but ebay prices are a bit rich. So no progress at the moment. Would like to do more but cannot really.

Edited by lupo1.0se

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×