Jump to content
LexG

VW major new parts prices

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I know this may seem a little sad but I'm wondering just how much really major parts are if you bought them from the VW dealers. 

Like a brand new engine...

or doors etc..

anyone had experience with this ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a word, expensive! I work as a parts advisor for a main dealer so I see this everyday. Its not just the expense either, its availability. A lot of parts for Lupos are becoming obsolete now so are tricky to find. But prices for your examples above are as follows:

AVY Engine - Short Block - Obsolete from VW now but was £1541.03 inc vat exchange (so would carry a surcharge on top of that!) Then you have to buy the cylinder head, £899.63 inc vat + surcharge.

GTI doors - £892.80 inc vat each. These have shot-up from around £650 about 12 months ago! Why VW? Why!?

GTI wing - £433.68 inc vat

GTI Tailgate - £662.60 inc vat (without the spoiler!) The spoiler is £323.58 inc vat!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what about a shell?

That's gotta be expensive if they have any left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6X3 800 701 B is now obsolete but was £5449.48 inc vat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we could theoretically build a Lupo from scratch? 

 

Hmmmm. @mattarosa ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could have built a 17 plate if it was all there....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rich said:

could have built a 17 plate if it was all there....

Its only the shell that denotes the age isn't it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no. A percentile of stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14 July 2017 at 5:52 PM, Skezza said:

So we could theoretically build a Lupo from scratch? 

 

Hmmmm. @mattarosa ?

With what time??? But I do fancy building something major

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rich said:

no. A percentile of stuff.

I thought the shell had the vin, therefore essentially was tied to the age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mattarosa said:

With what time??? But I do fancy building something major

After work jobby?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do the jobby at work, get paid for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/07/2017 at 8:33 AM, lupogtiboy said:

In a word, expensive! I work as a parts advisor for a main dealer so I see this everyday. Its not just the expense either, its availability. A lot of parts for Lupos are becoming obsolete now so are tricky to find. But prices for your examples above are as follows:

AVY Engine - Short Block - Obsolete from VW now but was £1541.03 inc vat exchange (so would carry a surcharge on top of that!) Then you have to buy the cylinder head, £899.63 inc vat + surcharge.

GTI doors - £892.80 inc vat each. These have shot-up from around £650 about 12 months ago! Why VW? Why!?

GTI wing - £433.68 inc vat

GTI Tailgate - £662.60 inc vat (without the spoiler!) The spoiler is £323.58 inc vat!

 

Cool thanks! 

Would have been a great idea to build an entire car from new parts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VAG shells are generally made obsolete from when the last car rolls of the production line.

The VIN doesn't designate the registration year, there are a few cars that get registered late, so end up with a plate newer than the actual age.

If you build a new car you can get it registered after an IVA test, which used to be the SVA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×