My Green Lupo

cobblers

Bought this about 3 weeks ago. Just on with fixing the list of things I've found wrong with it (Always the same with 2nd hand cars :rolleyes: )

lupo2.jpg

It's lowered on FK coilovers to its current "as low as it will go before clouting the shaft on the chassis leg" height, whatever that is, 100mm or so?

I've added a bit of a stereo, the usual stuff, and I've got another set of wheels on the way which I've never seen on anything other than the original car they came off before - Maybe for good reason? We'll see what I get them on!

I'll have to hitch the back end up a knats to get them on, so I plan to make some lower coilover platforms to allow me to add the exact minimum of height to the rear, and also to locate the springs and stop them needing tiewraps to keep them in place when I jack it up!

Edited by cobblers

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

the black wheels go really well with the green. looks wicked!

id say put some spacers on the fronts and bring them level with the arches... they look a little too tucked compared to the mahoosive rears! :D

looking very B) though ;)

Edited by suani

are they 92-94 corvette wheels ?

GTA Turbines B)

Now that I know what they are I'm going to have to source myself a set :D

Edited by Jowey

Thanks for all the comments :)

I've changed the wheels primarily because I felt like I was driving someone elses creation, and because I think the car looked a bit too green with all that on it.

Today I've tinted the headlights and fitted some centre caps on the front wheels (I'm going to leave the rears off because of the 5 inch dish, it looks great!)

I'll get some decent pics shortly - The wheels look black in these, but they are actually Graphite grey, which looked a LOT lighter on the tin, although I'm happy with how they have turned out.

Big thanks to Wide Wheels who rolled my back arches, the 8.5 inch wheels don't rub at all!

I'm still unsure about the spacers, I think I'll get a couple of longer bolts and use a load of washers to space them out to see what it looks like, but spacers will have to wait for next payday!

Wide Wheels? take it was you then mate, you spoke to my mate in the red mk2 in new mill

Don't recall that mate, can't have been me!

So, I tinted the headlights

headlights.jpg

Put some centre caps on the front wheels (Unsure if I like them)

centre-cap.jpg

And then I took some random pictures:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

Hmm, someone must be rolling around in an identical car then, you from the area though, huddersfield that is? I'm well confused now

I'm told there is a similar motor in the hudds area! I'm from rotherham.

I'm also not sure on the centre caps.. I've done another in silver and one the same as the wheels, I'll try them on and see what I think. Definitely don't want any on the back, but the front looks a bit dodge without them. Perhaps black wheel bolt covers and a green cap over the hub nut would tidy it up. I've got monday off work so I'll explore my options!

Edited by cobblers

• 3 months later...

So after loads of searching I finally found another pair of 8.5s for the front. I also bought a full set of 185/45/15s because the 195s on the back rubbed a little too often, and kept taking the paint off the arch lips and generally annoying me.

I took a few more pictures of it - I was quite impressed that I've got 8.5 inch wheels on the front, lowered 100mm+ and not had to touch the arch lip. I just whacked on plenty of negative camber and they don't rub at all :)

It took the tyre fitters a few goes to get the tyres on though, I bet they hate me - Can't recommend AP tyres in Rotherham enough though, they always do a good job and have a good laugh with it.

DSCF0028.jpg

Camber :)

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0049.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

I'm really pleased with how it's turned out, it needs tracking up because its got loads of toe in but other than that it drives surpisingly well, the wheels don't catch lock to lock or over big bumps, I can have people in the back and everything :)