Polishing Estorils

Mr ColinG

I have removed my polished Estorils to give them a right good mirror finish with a Frosts kit, but I have a dilemma,

What to do with the parts between the spokes.

Options are:

1. Leave as is, currently a graphite grey colour.

2. Remove the paint and polish up, the same as the face.

3. Paint a different colour altogether.

opinions?

2006-04-09Estoril010.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by Bluloop

Managed to re-polish one wheel,

I was not happy with the results first time round so I am doing them all again.

I tell you its not as easy as it looks, I take my hat off to anyone doing spokey wheels.

Never mind just three two one ALL DONE 2006-04-09Estoril010.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

After:

2006-04-14Estoril12.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Is it worth all the work, what do you think?

Edited by Bluloop

good work there fancy doing some acid stained teardrops

Thanks for the kind offer, but I am breaking enough sweat & tears doing these sweating.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":sweating:" border="0" alt="sweating.gif" />

I'm after a polishing kit to do my rocker cover, care to recommend one? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I have been using a Frosts wheel polishing kit which seems to be doing the trick.

But they all sorts of kits. Have a look here:

http://www.frost.co.uk/productList.asp?catID=27

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> which one is the best kit 2 buy ??need help biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I thought the Frosts kit was very good thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" /> except the polishing wheels which clogged up very quickly thumbdown.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbdown:" border="0" alt="thumbdown.gif" />

Couldn't comment on the ones on e-bay but they seem to use the same polishing wheels.

Whichever kit you use you will need loads of elbow grease. tongueout.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":tongueout:" border="0" alt="tongueout.gif" />

• 2 months later...

Gutted just finished giving the car a good clean and there is a huge scratch on the front nearside alloy angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Will have to take it off and repolish it. reallymad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":reallymad:" border="0" alt="reallymad.gif" />

Worst part is I have no idea how it happened confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Looks good mate

Top job

i remember doing my RH's which came out pretty good, but then decided to just take them to ProClean instead after i spent about 12 hours on them coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

Post pics when you have them back on the motor.

Tom

Looks good mate

Top job

Post pics when you have them back on the motor.

Tom

Thanks, not the best pic but here you go, also have a look at my sig.

IMG00002.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />