I had a crash

GeoScars

From your picture I bet your hair got in the way whilst crying from some emo song.

There's Always one. Also No I wasn't listening to some "emo song" music is music just because I have long hair doesn't class me as emo. I will Deffo Learn from my mistakes as they say you live and learn

Budgets l think like normally ones i replace one when i bought the car

also I will *Flicks hair* ;D

If you're on standard steelies and budget tyres it's no wonder it didn't stop. Wider wheels and quality tyres will help with grip.

In the mean time, enjoy this and mourn the death of your Lupo.

Edited by matt123roll
  • Like 1

I have softlines which are no different to steels, but I have quality tyres on the front and budgets on the back. Really, that's where it matters. On the front I have two Goodyear Eagle Touring and on the back I have some budget crappers that came with the alloys. They're holding up okay for the moment.

I have a feeling this was more about speed than anything else, driving a bit too quick and all that. Just learn a valuable lesson. No idea if it's your first crash but if it is then be thankful nobody was hurt, buy a new Lupo and move on.

I have softlines which are no different to steels, but I have quality tyres on the front and budgets on the back. Really, that's where it matters. On the front I have two Goodyear Eagle Touring and on the back I have some budget crappers that came with the alloys. They're holding up okay for the moment.

I have a feeling this was more about speed than anything else, driving a bit too quick and all that. Just learn a valuable lesson. No idea if it's your first crash but if it is then be thankful nobody was hurt, buy a new Lupo and move on.

I completely disagree old skezza. Ok let's say your fronts are pap ie rubbish. Going round a wet roundabout. You understeer but slow down and your safe. Ok now your rears are pap. You go round the same roundabout and whoop the back end is out. You can't power out of it since its not rwd. I learned this on my first arosa. Oversteer is worse than understeer on fwd cars as there is no stopping it once it starts to go.

• Like 1

My 1st crash where I was the driver which is why I am Annoyed cause its due to how I was driving and the conditions, I'll get someone to asses IT see if its worth fixing or just buy another Lupo hopefully

I promise you pal. It's not worth repairing. Buy another. If you're lucky, you'll get one the same colour, you can salvage a **** load of parts off the one you've bent, and then you can sell the rest and I promise you, if you price them properly, you'll easily cover your costs.

I completely disagree old skezza. Ok let's say your fronts are pap ie rubbish. Going round a wet roundabout. You understeer but slow down and your safe. Ok now your rears are pap. You go round the same roundabout and whoop the back end is out. You can't power out of it since its not rwd. I learned this on my first arosa. Oversteer is worse than understeer on fwd cars as there is no stopping it once it starts to go.

I couldn't agree more. I learnt the hard way though:980D2268-46A4-4A2E-9C35-DD3B69A6E01B_zps

Rainsports on front...god knows what on the back combined with a bit of water...

Had a few warnings slides before this too. Oh well, as said, you live and learn.

Edited by Lupo675

Ouch :(

Nice Lupo though - same colour as mine.

About 6 years ago I crashed my KA and this was the damage

18092008891.jpg

I got my car back on the road again but at a massive cost...looking back no idea why I paid £1400 to have it repaired, but I loved the car and didn't wanna get rid. Wouldn't be as daft now though!!!

I couldn't agree more. I learnt the hard way though:

Rainsports on front...god knows what on the back combined with a bit of water...

Had a few warnings slides before this too. Oh well, as said, you live and learn.

I stand corrected. Looks like I'll be sticking the Eagle Touring's on the back from now on. I've always been told in the past that you put your best on the front and shitters on the back. Learn something everyday :D

Going back to GeoScars, there's a lot of bent parts there mate and I'm sure your photos don't tell the whole story. You really need to get it up in the air and assess it properly but I think it's an open and shut case. Just learn a harsh, and I suppose pricey lesson. If you think you can get it fixed for cheaper than another Lupo 1.0 E, let me know who your mechanic is and I'll switch right away. If you're going to do it yourself then keep us all informed as we'd like to see your progress.

However, £850 of your hard earned pennies will get you this in the same colour (I think):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRIVE-AWAY-Volkswagen-Lupo-1-0-2001MY-E-/181314969949?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a3736e15d

Can't actually tell if yours is the darker blue or paler blue, but my point is still valid.

Like I said, trailer the old one to somewhere safe, even if it's your backyard. Break it over the course of a few months, sell for parts, you'll probably cover the cost of your old one and even some of the new one.

Edited by Skezza
  • Like 1

You need to strip it down and assess the damage.

If you're getting the parts for free you might as well give it a go.

You really need to look at the chassis, is the leg okay? Has the suspension bending bent the strut top?

Parts wise worst case: subframe, wishbone, ball joint, whole rack and ends, shaft.

Hub should be okay.

Tyre conversation, I prefer the better tyres at the front, but I like the back end out sometimes.

Edited by Rich

You really need to look at the chassis, is the leg okay? Has the suspension bending bent the strut top?

Parts wise worst case: subframe, wishbone, ball joint, whole rack and ends, shaft.

Hub should be okay.

Tyre conversation, I prefer the better tyres at the front, but I like the back end out sometimes.

I bet

Hub should be okay.

that's easy for me to repair and do, the issue is air bag rests :/

the top is okay the suspension just moved over but im going to have a look asap

Edited by GeoScars