Lupo Gamma Stereo Fitment

Faraz

Hi all,

I've recently acquired a Gamma stereo from eBay with CD player, as I am hoping to revert my GTi back to standard.

The seller is supplying the headunit, CD player and a divider which goes between the 2. There is however no cage or otherwise to hold the stereo in the dash. Is this correct, that the stereo should just fit into the void once I remove the current single din and facia panel?

Also, I'd like to maintain the ability to listen to my iPod, there is a number of 'connects2' kits on eBay such as: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181064775789?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D181064775789%26_rdc%3D1

Is this all I need, or can anyone recommend a better alternative?

Thanks,

The seller is supplying the headunit, CD player and a divider which goes between the 2. There is however no cage or otherwise to hold the stereo in the dash. Is this correct, that the stereo should just fit into the void once I remove the current single din and facia panel?

That is correct.

One question...

Why?

Why what? Why am I putting it back to standard? Because the single din looks terrible, the aftermarket JVC headunit is too bright and insists on flashing uncontrollably when the music is playing, and I prefer the 'stock' look. Plus this seems to be the cheapest double din option while maintaining the ability to play music from my iPod...unless I'm mistaken?

Certainly not selling up...This car has way too much character. I'll be holding onto it ad infinitum, although granted it may be resigned to be one of my weekend toys eventually, It pains me to put so many miles on it commuting to work everyday.

• Like 2

As above, yes the divider goes in first, then you slide the cd player and gamma unit in. They lock in place without the need for cages. If you've a single CD unit you can plug the connects2 into the autochanger socket on the back of the cd, then plug the cd unit into the back of the gamma unit. If you've a 6 disc changer then you can't do this, and you'll lose the cd functionality (connects2 plugs straight into the back of the gamma)

• Like 1

I used that same Connects2 lead for my Lupo. I also installed a Gamma/Connects2 iPod setup in my girlfriends old mk3 Polo, her new Beetle, and my mk1 Caddy. And my brother now wants one for his Lupo. It's a good setup, IMO.

OEM FTW!

• Like 2

Why what? Why am I putting it back to standard? Because the single din looks terrible, the aftermarket JVC headunit is too bright and insists on flashing uncontrollably when the music is playing, and I prefer the 'stock' look. Plus this seems to be the cheapest double din option while maintaining the ability to play music from my iPod...unless I'm mistaken?

Certainly not selling up...This car has way too much character. I'll be holding onto it ad infinitum, although granted it may be resigned to be one of my weekend toys eventually, It pains me to put so many miles on it commuting to work everyday.

So get a different head unit :P I don't mind the stock look, but I must admit, I presumed you were selling.

I have a double din with iPod, which works nice. I don't actually own an iPod but my missus does lol.