Crash Advice

tintin360

don't forget the 49p lol. Im going to take the money and get a used back bumper and bumper iron support bar and fit it myself and just get the spare wheel well done by the bodyshop.

Sounds ok doesn't it? lol

Edited by tintin360

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer sounds fine, for future reference, if you are worried about reselling you should of blanked your number plates out. Imagine the sickness you'd feel if you bought a lupo, went on this site and saw it got in a crash :sick: I wouldn't care much as if the job is done right you'd never notice.

Imagine how many of our cars have been in a crash at some point in their lives but fixed out of insurance :P

Whilst your at it, do you fancy creating a how-to on removing the rear bumper? Also good to put in the knowledge base and only a few photos.

It wasn't a major crash just a small bump lol

I am on the hunt for a black rear bumper, once I have found it and got everything in place I will create a 'how to' not sure if it will be any good lol

Yer sounds fine, for future reference, if you are worried about reselling you should of blanked your number plates out. Imagine the sickness you'd feel if you bought a lupo, went on this site and saw it got in a crash :sick: I wouldn't care much as if the job is done right you'd never notice.

Imagine how many of our cars have been in a crash at some point in their lives but fixed out of insurance :P

Whilst your at it, do you fancy creating a how-to on removing the rear bumper? Also good to put in the knowledge base and only a few photos.

I'm almost convinced mine has been in a rear-ender because the rear bumper is not original. It was fitted correctly etc and you wouldn't notice but I spotted something slightly different about it compared to my old Lupo. So long as the work is done correctly and the chassis hasn't twisted nothing to worry about!

Edited by Skezza

Yup, I tell you what, the amount of cars that appear to not see my gf's lupo (the brighter blue one) is amazing. There was a guy the other day where I had to stop for a car in front, but he was too busy looking out of his windows. Thankfully I read the situation and pulled out onto the other side which I knew was clear, but his face of horror was brilliant. It's amazing when people need to emergency break, they always grip the steering wheel really tight haha.

I sometimes think "should I wear my cloak of invisibility for good or evil" :rant:

Edited by danoid

Sent the guy a copy of the quote and within an hour the money was in my account!

So I've found a replacement bumper and bumper bar for next to nothing and going to save afew quid as got a baby arriving any day.

Again I can't thank you guys enough for the help and advise.

Sent the guy a copy of the quote and within an hour the money was in my account!

So I've found a replacement bumper and bumper bar for next to nothing and going to save afew quid as got a baby arriving any day.

Again I can't thank you guys enough for the help and advise.

Isn't this pretty much what I suggested earlier ?