Lupo GTI for Fifth Gear filming next Tuesday

Sarah Fifth Gear

Hi All,

My name is Sarah and i work as one of the researchers on the forthcoming series of Fifth Gear. We have a feature in the new series where we present the viewer with three cheaper alternative cars to a more expensive one featured earlier in the episode. The theme for this particular episode being VW's! I am trying to source a Lupo GTI (approx value £3000). If anyone has a suitable car and would be interested in having it featured in the show please contact me on the following email address:

sarah.swift@northonetv.com

We are planning to film the sequence next Tuesday (21st May) at the Castle Combe race circuit from 8am. I am also trying to source someone with a Golf MK4 R32 so, again, if you know anyone please give them my details and encourage them to gt in touch!!

MAny thanks,

Sarah.

Sounds very interesting, Shame I don't live closer, mind you a road trip would a nice and I can't imagine I'll get chance to do anything like this again.

Edited by Pottster

I've got the gig :)

Here is a bit about whats involved

'Apologies, I’m not sure how much you know but to confirm; we have a feature in this new series where we present the viewer with three ‘beer money’ alternatives to a supercar featured earlier in the episode. This particular episode’s theme is GTI’s and we will have your Lupo (hopefully!), a Golf MK2 and MK 4 R32.
The initial part of the morning will be spent filming static shots of the cars, then we will bring each one into the workshop where our presenter (Jonny on this occasion I believe) will do a bit of a ‘buying guide’ and what to look out for – a couple of issues per car, then he will road test each of the cars doing some on board filming and finally, go out once again in each car and do some external tracking shots'

Wonder if they are comparing the 3 cars to each other or comparing each car against a supercar?

Gonna be interesting all the same and will be interesting to see how the Lupo GTi fairs.

Edited by Pottster

Sounds great mate!! Will look forward to watching it when it comes on screen!

Let us all know on here, when it does! :)

Sounds great mate!! Will look forward to watching it when it comes on screen!

Let us all know on here, when it does! :)

Yep, I'll take some snaps and do a write up on here and let folk know when its on, i certainly won't miss it :coffee:

• Like 1

Hi All,

My name is Sarah and i work as one of the researchers on the forthcoming series of Fifth Gear. We have a feature in the new series where we present the viewer with three cheaper alternative cars to a more expensive one featured earlier in the episode. The theme for this particular episode being VW's! I am trying to source a Lupo GTI (approx value £3000). If anyone has a suitable car and would be interested in having it featured in the show please contact me on the following email address:

sarah.swift@northonetv.com

We are planning to film the sequence next Tuesday (21st May) at the Castle Combe race circuit from 8am. I am also trying to source someone with a Golf MK4 R32 so, again, if you know anyone please give them my details and encourage them to gt in touch!!

MAny thanks,

Sarah.

Hi, are you hot?

I might send you an e- mail if I get bored. :)

• Like 2

5807268429_5f21106d23.jpg
Lupo Gti by pottster, on Flickr

This is what they are getting, I've asked if they want me to have the bathursts on, in fact I'll go with the bathursts as they keep it original and the brake calipers are on show better, any thoughts?

Edited by Pottster

Wonder if they are comparing the 3 cars to each other or comparing each car against a supercar?

Gonna be interesting all the same and will be interesting to see how the Lupo GTi fairs.

Sounds like they'll be comparing them against a new VW, Golf or Polo GTI maybe?

Sounds like they'll be comparing them against a new VW, Golf or Polo GTI maybe?

My initial thoughts is that they would be comparing it to a 'super car' available at the time these were and one that is still considerably more expensive that these 3, As the theme is VWs I wonder if its a Corrado?

Edited by Pottster

Aw mate that sucks :(

And I wouldn't be sure about the supercar thing, it's Fifth Gear not Top Gear ;)

Aw mate that sucks :(

And I wouldn't be sure about the supercar thing, it's Fifth Gear not Top Gear ;)

Fifth gear is actually better than top gear as far as cars are concerned...

Top gear is just 3 blokes (who cant actually drive that well) messing about.

Fifth gear includes the legend that is Tiff... need i say more?

plus they cover cars that we are likely to afford and do practical tests

Exactly, I wasn't being derogatory about 5th gear! :lol:

5807268429_5f21106d23.jpg

Lupo Gti by pottster, on Flickr

This is what they are getting, I've asked if they want me to have the bathursts on, in fact I'll go with the bathursts as they keep it original and the brake calipers are on show better, any thoughts?

Yep definitely agree on the Bathursts.

Are they Lenso BSX? If they are I had a set, they made my car handle like shite because they weigh a ton.

Edit: Just saw they changed their mind, thats crap. Who's doing it now?

Edited by VR6

Yep definitely agree on the Bathursts.

Are they Lenso BSX? If they are I had a set, they made my car handle like shite because they weigh a ton.

Edit: Just saw they changed their mind, thats crap. Who's doing it now?

Yep they are Lenso alloys, just use them in the summer haven't really noticed any major difference in handling.

Dunno who is doing it, they just live an hour away from the filming so makes sense really.