Help overheating!

Well truth is I bought it off someone who was told by the last owner to replace it as that's all that needed doing, So I don't know if the heater was on hot or not

So they got pee'd off because that's not what fixed it so they sold it to me for £500

So I'm assuming I got a pretty good deal as its a 2000 Lupo sport 100bhp considering I don't know what its gonna cost to fix it

I'm hoping you guys can help me out

thermostat? broken waterpump? headgasket gone ? (with the mayo shown in http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/95097-green-lupo-sport/ thread)

give it a good service and see if this helps with anything (oil, oil filter, plugs, air filter etc) also what colour is your coolant? and is it mucky?

Edited by Grazza

thermostat? broken waterpump? headgasket gone ? (with the mayo shown in http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/95097-green-lupo-sport/ thread)

give it a good service and see if this helps with anything (oil, oil filter, plugs, air filter etc) also what colour is your coolant? and is it mucky?

Hmm I'm hoping it hasn't gone, the water is clean sort of pink from antifreeze i assume and the oil is pretty clean has the right amount in it from when I checked

I'm gonna take it to a garage see what they say and then get them to fix the problem then do a full service once its done

clean the filler cap and put it back on, then give it a good run and see if it comes back?

clean the filler cap and put it back on, then give it a good run and see if it comes back?

I'll do that later as a mechanic told me to leave it idling on my drive whilst its warm and see if the rad fan comes on and if it starts to bubble up or not

No, cleaning the throttle body is always a good idea though

Will do that in the future

Found out today the thermostat went and that the engine has been thrashed so gotta look for another in the future