99 Ron super unleaded

DJ Marky Marc

England only to start with but might come north if it's successful. The higher Ron rating is equivalent to greater explosive power of the fuel. It specifically helps Jap cars designed for the higher Ron fuel which is availiable at 100ron in Japan though it should help any car with a knock sensor and fueling software that can make the most of the better fuel and add more air. Should be worth about 2% more bhp on most performance cars that can make advantage of it

only tesco, think there are only about 20 branches trying it out just now, the S2000 forum guys all went to try it and listed the places where it can be found though a lot of the pumps had run out by the time they got there.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=288664

@csi_bha yeah should be fine though you'd be paying a few quid extra for a tank of fuel that maybe gave you 1bhp more which you probably wouldn't feel. Engine usually takes a while to adjust to the new fuel, especially if the tank wasn't empty to start with, give it a try though and see if you feel a difference. my lupo ran better on optimax and returned more MPG as well as reving a bit better through the range, 99ron should be even better.

optimax is 99 ron isn't it? so who is supplying tesco with this mystery 99 ron? i pay 92.9p for a litre here in sunny wales - ******* expensive! this means i'm paying nearly £4.23 a gallon - christ!

optimax is 98 ron . most super unleded eg BP Esso J sainsburys is 97 ron. the lupo is ment to run 98 ron so 99 better smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I can tell the diference between 95 and optimax but optimax costs loads so im well happy with tescos

got a tank full of bp ultimate today..... seemed to pull much better than with optimax. maybe just my imagination - seems unlikley after only 1 tank full :?:

was great fun though!! :wink:

forgive me for being stupid but when i went to fill up my dads octavia vrs last week at the local tesco extra (aberdeen, bridge of don) i couldnt see even 97ron s. unleaded stuff? i presumed all tescos did super unleaded but it appears not... had to fill with normal stuff. is there anywhere you can get a list of who sells what in your area? do all supermarkets just sell 95ron?

• 3 weeks later...