Please help munch

Right here is the story, my lupo has been sitting on the driveway for around 8 months...hence it has a flat battery.

Today on one of my rare days off I decided to do some work on munch (my lupo) and get him going again, after doing the usual (adding oil, checking spark plugs etc) I decided to jump start him, and he came to life.

This is where the problem begins, plugged in my hand held VAG COM reader and this is what it found:

Engine:

Code 17978 (I have no idea what this code means as its not in the book)

Code 01249 Cylinder 1 - Injector Fault - N30

Code 01250 Cylinder 2 - Injector Fault - N31

Code 01251 Cylinder 3 - Injector Fault - N32

Code 01252 Cylinder 4 - Injector Fault - N33

Code 01316 (no idea what this is as code is not in book)

SRS

Code 00532 Transmission control module relay supply voltage (b+) malfunction low batter or bad ground (I'm guessing this code has been caused by the flat battery)

ABS:

Code 00668 Battery power voltage supply (terminal 3)

The abs light was on at the dash, am I rightbin guessing the SRS and the abs faults are due to a flat battery?

Can somebody help me with what the codes mean in plain English as I'm not a mechanic :( I just want to know if my lupo is going to need some major work :(

Thanks in advance for any help

Steve

01316 - ABS Control Module

01316 - ABS Control Module: No Signal/Communication

Possible Causes

Wiring/Connector(s) from/to ABS Control Module faulty

Fault(s) stored in ABS Control Module

Possible Solutions

Check Wiring/Connector(s) from/to ABS Control Module

Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)

Usually Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) 125+ show the current Communication Status

Sounds like the ABS terminals might have corroded. I heard about this on another VW forum, I imagine it's rare, but does happen.

Did you actually try and drive it, you know a couple of miles? Might just clean up a little bit.

Edited by Skezza

Got the at going this morning, took if for alittle drive to knock any rust off. I've deleted the codes and restarted the engine, the abs and srs faults have gone, all that remains are the 6 engine codes.

The car has just under a quarter tank of petrol.

Italian tuneup ?

Basically thrash the arse off it for half an hour. Cleans all the **** out of the combustion chambers etc.

It's more useful on Diesels (I think, don't know), but my previous mechanic used to tell my old man to take my nans car (it's done 12k miles in nearly 10 years, that's how much its used) out for an 'Italian Tuneup' before it went in for a service as most of the crap would be blown out the exhaust but some might be deposited in the sump, hence doing it before a service.

He also used to say take it for a quick thrash just before an MOT because the emissions from a car are much lower when warm than when cold.

Can't hurt surely ;)

Edited by Skezza