Noise from the engine.

alex4478

Hi,

Just had my X reg Lupo serviced and after the service there is now a noise from the engine when you start the engine.

To be more specific ... When you start the car after maybe 1/2 a second a sound like a squeling pig comes from the middle of the dashboard and behind the heater exhausts.

I've attahced an image of where the squealing piggy sounds to come from. My Lupo is a 1.7 TDI varient though, not sure which one the picture is of.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64293731@N03/8432634990/

Thanks.

If the squeak is coming from your heater it could be the heater blower motor. Your options are to clean or replace it. If you want to clean it you can try spraying a bit of lubricant into the fan but if that doesn't work you'll most likely need to oil the bearings. If you google heater blower motors or sumin similar i'm sure there'll be some info somewhere.

Thanks for the reply.

It's not the heater though as it happens when the heater is off. The heater reference was to give an idication as to where the sound was coming from.

It sounds like a slipping fan belt, but the sound seems closer than the front of the engine (which isn't all that far away granted).

A bit coincidental that the car is serviced and then the next time the car is used it initially wouldn't start and then did and since then has the noise.

Also the wiper blade nut was not tightend correctly so has come loose, this is the sort you only find out when you need the wipers to be working, i.e. when it's piddlin' down with rain at 6am in the morning.

Could just be coincidence, it's a common fault with lupos. As for the wiper arm nut, unless he replaced to wiper arm itself he wouldn't have even gone near it. You have no record at all of the work carried out??

Behave yourself, this comment was in response to a further thread he opened earlier today as a result of the answers he received in this thread. So wind your neck in.

• Like 2

Behave yourself, this comment was in response to a further thread he opened earlier today as a result of the answers he received in this thread. So wind your neck in.

Lol. It's Friday night and I'm drunk on red wine, so this plus the squealing pig comparison are far funnier than usual :)

On 2/1/2013 at 10:14 PM, Pete said:

You spend far too much time on this forum.

Edited by jadelauren

How can you possibly say that Pete is being defensive and arrogant?!

Cheers Pete, I really dunno what her issue is, obviously doesn't read many of my posts as apparently in 90% of them I'm being a dick. Kinda shocked me tbh!

your suck a dick pete! why do you have to be so helpful and funny!

jadelauren, no offence but theres no need to jump down petes throat about him quite frankly helping someone. If he wasnt to make a (funny) comment about them not thanking him... thats his choice. Chill your beans.

shhh!!

anyway... why are you such a dick in all your helpful posts where you give out good information and advice... its well out of order! :rant:

Meh, I feel like a used and abused paramedic! Thing is I did clearly state in my post why I said what I said, it wasn't just because an allotted amount of time had gone by since my diagnosis had been posted up, you all know I'm not that guy yeah??