This section of the forum

scotty_82

1) It's Southend. One word.

2) I wasn't here at New Year, I went away for a couple of days, so no, not worried in the slightest.

Bit of a dump with too many speed cameras and why does the pier close at 5?

The seafront is designed for tourists & the nearest places that supply the town with the majority of its tourism are full of chavs. Hence, we end up with a seafront full of chavs. There's plenty of much nicer places a stones throw away. Like where I live - far enough out of town to avoid the problems, but not so far into the countryside that it's beyond civilisation. It's also not really the sort of place to visit in the winter either as a lot of the touristy things close out of season.

The speed cameras aren't a problem when you know where they are. Average 50 on the A127 coming into town is boring, but the A13 (since the roadworks at Saddlers Farm) is a much quicker / less problematic route anyway.

No idea. Not been on the pier since about 1998. Didn't even know about Jimmy & Jamie's pop up restaurant until after the event.