left foot brake limp mode

Why does the lupo go into limp when you left foot brake?? any way to stop it??

not that im a rally driver or anything... just handy to bed brakes in quickly or to clean the surface rust off them after a few days without use.

I'm not sure how braking with a different foot beds the brakes in quicker or is any more efficient at removing surface rust? I appreciate people generally apply a lot of pressure using their left foot due to muscle memory, but you are perfectly capable of applying the same pressure with your right foot!

As said, when you press the brake and the car is moving it cuts the input from the accelerator pedal. I'm not sure why though, probably some safety reason.

I'm not sure how braking with a different foot beds the brakes in quicker.

He wants to brake and accelerate at the same time... Keeping the car moving for longer whilst still braking. Therefore more use of brakes, bedding in quicker (I assume). Go find a big hill and brake down it. Loads.

I'm not sure how braking with a different foot beds the brakes in quicker or is any more efficient at removing surface rust? I appreciate people generally apply a lot of pressure using their left foot due to muscle memory, but you are perfectly capable of applying the same pressure with your right foot!

As said, when you press the brake and the car is moving it cuts the input from the accelerator pedal. I'm not sure why though, probably some safety reason.

so that you keep a constant speed whilst doing it and not stopping and starting. used to do it often with my classic mini to warm the brakes up.

He wants to brake and accelerate at the same time... Keeping the car moving for longer whilst still braking. Therefore more use of brakes, bedding in quicker (I assume). Go find a big hill and brake down it. Loads.

exactly. it dosen't bother me at all realy just wondered why it did it.

its a safety feature, Most cars have it, it cuts engine power when brakes are applied, its like those toyotas that got the accelerators stuck down, and brakes didn't cut power, which was dangerous when the matt's kept catching the pedals

It does it as a safety precaution, as in if you freak out in the event of an imminent accident and stamp your foot down and accidentally catch the throttle pedal on the way down the ecu ignores the throttle value and only goes by the braking pressure, stopping you from speeding up into the crash.

And as for the people that say about warming/bedding in brakes by doing this, you're obviously forgetting your clutch plate, you may be bedding them in quicker, but I doubt it and its totally unnecessary anyways, forcing the engine to carry on a speed whilst slowing the driveline is just gonna end up wearing your clutch out. Maybe on an rs4 it can take it due to the clutch/drive system being rock hard, but on these puddle jumpers we drive it makes no sense, and I always found mini brakes worked better when cold as brake fade occurs far too readily on them.

• 2 weeks later...