Need Help..... Lupo Down!!

squishy

Hey everyone.... New here just got a lupo sdi, few issues though :rant:

first of all car drive belt snapped, checked all pulleys and i reckon need to replace the lot, as non spin freely, (alt,pas,upper tensioner) i have found everything i need but cant get hold of a seond hand pas pump and pulley?

would you say i need a new pump as the pulley is basically fully seized up yet the pump seems ok no leaks etc? part number on pump is 26016947

my engine is sdi aku 2000 reg w917oan any help please???

n happy new year to you all, will get some pics up once bumpers back on :thumbsup: lol

I've known a belt to snap before whilst being removed for another reason, so just thought I'd best ask the question, but yeah, kinda like asking for a bandage for a cut on your leg and ignoring the fact your arm is hanging off.

I've known a belt to snap before whilst being removed for another reason, so just thought I'd best ask the question, but yeah, kinda like asking for a bandage for a cut on your leg and ignoring the fact your arm is hanging off.

Haha good analogy.

Cheers dude! I find when working with spanner bitches.....I mean apprentices, good visual examples seem to stick in their minds a lot better than blinding them with science, so I've got a million of em.

I had a belt throw off due to a seized alternator freewheel pulley. No big deal as I have a big battery and no PAS, so got the car home ok. When the belt came off it broke the tensioner, so I had to replace that along with the alternator. I just used it as an excuse to renew the aging alternator really. Just a new pulley may have been fine.

• Like 1

Hey thanks for all the help and reply's.... Im still kinda stuck though, Im thinking its just the seized pulleys as they are tight especially the PAS pulley, also the ALT pulley gets about 2 spins outta a flick! the tensioner still looks like the original from 100k ago so im thinking thats a big cause to the belt sanpping, I would say the belt was only a few thousound miles ago but obviously installed by a monkey mech you never did the tensioner!

Yes the belt snapped whilst engine running, I pulled away from stand still into a round about and boom heard something and then pas stearing failed, ther engine bay is unclean and some crap might of helped it twang along with the seized pulleys etc

so what further damage could there be??

oh yeah also my pump has not leaked or lost any fluid since this happened... Thanks again

Edited by squishy

Ah, I get you now, not the drive belt, the aux belt!!

Er yeah.... :whistle: the aux belt, so this pas pump number where is it located behind the pulley the only number i can find is the one in top post but think thats wrong to

You should be able to pick up a second hand one fairly easily, but I would think in order to get the part no. for the pump you'd need the pump off the car, a vid would be nice of how bad the pump is tho, as really in an ideal situation the pulleys shouldn't free wheel for too long at all when spun by hand.

Plus I wouldn't worry too much about part no.s as they tend to get superceeded fairly regularly anyway, personally as the belt is off anyways, I'd whip off the pump and have a general look at the layout of it, I've just looked at 'lupo sdi pump' on eBay and 3 have come up, different numbers on there but look similar if not the same, couldn't hurt to try one if your pump is indeed seized and if it turns out to be different then send it back no problem.

Plus I wouldn't worry too much about part no.s as they tend to get superceeded fairly regularly anyway, personally as the belt is off anyways, I'd whip off the pump and have a general look at the layout of it, I've just looked at 'lupo sdi pump' on eBay and 3 have come up, different numbers on there but look similar if not the same, couldn't hurt to try one if your pump is indeed seized and if it turns out to be different then send it back no problem.

Thanks for your help, Yes looked on ebay and as you say 3 the same but different numbers, will try whip the pump of now and get a number from it...

pulleys defo shot or getting there, pas pump does a quarter of turn with big fling that cant be right?

also is there any diagrams of the belt route even though it seems quite straight forward

I'd think lupoboz could help on that one, being a parts guru his system may have the belt layout on it, I know the merc and BMW/mini parts systems do.

I would just change the pulleys and tensioner, get it running and go from there. PAS pumps normally sound horrible before they fail.

yeah good advice, will do that and get cambelt checked same time! Im just gonna buy a lucky pump from ebay from an sdi same year should be good if not pulleys there for use and only £15. I never managed get bloody pump of last bolt on middle side stuck like ****!

poor Lupo... not had a good life so far, plan on changing that TLC Time :thumbup:

My wifes car has done the same the teeth strippped on the belt , but she was on the carriageway at 70 when it happened . I'v had the rocker cover off and there has been contact between the pistons and valves the hydraulic followers on 3 and 4 have been damaged by the valve stems . I'v not had the head off it yet but I would imagine the pistons to be quite damaged aslo with the speed it happened at.

Edited by billyyoung