rota grid v's

lanky28

Don't people possess the ability to read these days?? I know the art of being able to make your own decision is long lost on the younger generation but not reading surely, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!

• Like 1

8j et0 will be a struggle to get to fit properly on the back, will need camber, arches rolled (maybe pulled a bit), stretched tyres.

7jet20 will be plenty wide enough to look good.

Stop! You're ruining my carrrr :(

yeah 8j's will be too wide i dont really want to do much if any arch work

You're gonna need to do arch work to get half decent sized wheel and tyre to fit. No point in buying wider wheels and sticking with standard sized tyres.

actually deadmetal, do i need to cut the fender in places to allow it to bend in or do i just use a mallet and heat gun?

I just used a heat gun, rubber mallet and a home made padded dolly to use on the outside of the arch.

Take your time, use lots of heat and bend the lip up a little all the way round, then go over it again and it should be good.

Stop! You're ruining my carrrr :(

I don't understand how but, sorry.

Edited by Deadmetal

Thanks for that, whats a padded dolly?.

just gonna get the 7's and run 165/50/15s, i wont be sure what spacing il need to get it looking good until i get them

front is perfect but id say you'll need a fair bit of spacing on the back.

Thanks for that, whats a padded dolly?.

A dolly is something you use on the other side that you're using the hammer on. Usually a bit a wood to stop the hammer stricke just moving the, in this case, whole arch out and not bending the lip up.

I wrapped a block of wood up in an old shirt to stop the wood scratching my paint.

Edited by Deadmetal

Take it to someone to get it done, a body shop etc

Otherwise you are going to end up screwing up your arches like so many others I've seen on here

Take it to someone to get it done, a body shop etc

Otherwise you are going to end up screwing up your arches like so many others I've seen on here

You seen mine? Took me a couple of days to do and they've come out pretty damn straight.

It's people rushing and not doing it properly that fecks arches.

Do you need a heat gun if you use an arch roller?

you'd need a heat gun not matter how you did it to prevent the paint cracking.

could you post a picture off your wheels on the car. just want to see whether they suit a lupo or not.

Grid V's look awesome on a Lupo.

There was thread where some one tried fitting them on here.