BBS Tyre Size

Surferdude0702

So, I have a set of bbs RZ's 14" ET30 6.5J, they currently have 185/55/14's on them and the scrub on the back even with arches rolled, they have gone in for refurb and am trying to decide which tyres to get, want some stretch to stop the scrubbing, thinking either 155/55/14 or 165/55/14 what do you guys think?

http://forums.vwvort...-14-(brand-new)

They are 155's not sure if thats a bit over the top though?

Edited by Surferdude0702

155/55/14 on a 6.5J if that helps

6.5_155_55_R14_Nankang_NS2_14_595.jpg

I'd try 165 tbh, no pics of them on tyrestretch unfortunately.

Skimping may not be the right word. I've used nankangs since I was knee high to a grasshopper, I find they're a decent price and they do the sizes that the majority of other brands don't. At the end of the day, you can go by personal experience from members on here, such as Mitch, which I have no objection to. You also need to take into account the car and the driver. Mitch says they're bad in the wet, although he drives a TDi with low down torque that may cause it to spin or whatever.

From MY OWN personal experience, I've never had an issue with nankangs, do as your budget allows. The saying of 'buy cheap buy twice' may occur as they may wear down quicker than other brands.

If you take into account that people are saying nankangs aren't the smartest in the wet, don't go powersliding around roundabouts at 60mph and you're good to go.

End of rant

Some tyre sizes are often restricted to certain brands.

I wouldent run Nankang NS1's on my GTD (Unless i was desperate & broke), for the same reasons as Mich, but on my old SDI it woulda been fine.

often i guess if you run a certain tyre for an amount of time you learn the Limits of the tyres and drive accordingly

Nankangs are a safer bet than some Retreads or some part worns. (due to the age of the rubber and how hard it gets over time, which effect grip)

Well I need the tyres to fit then under my arch lol

I would prefer 165 55 14 potenza's over the nankang as1 but for 75 pound a tyre I will stick with the 35 pound nankangs also mine dont last very long due to spinning from first gear to 3rd gear when I'm booting it.

Woah! right im not 'skimping' I am just on a budget and nankang seem to be the only manufacture to make that size for a price I can afford, As people have said they aren't so great in the wet so ill just drive sensibly when wet. They wouldn't make and sell thousands of these tyres if they are absolute crap and people keep flying into walls now would they

They wouldn't make and sell thousands of these tyres if they are absolute crap and people keep flying into walls now would they

Tbh this is what i've always thought when folk say don't skimp on tyres. Surely if they were that ****e they wouldn't pass regs?

I ran Bridgestone potenzas on my Ronals. 165/45/15s on a 7.5 wheel. Loads of stretch but still plenty of grip

Had hankooks on the rms 175/50/15 and they were good.

I thought people were meant to be helpful on here? obviously not! I was just asking a question, Want to come and drive my car and hear the scrubbing? feel free

Thank you to people who have actually been helpful and given me opinions and they're views on tyres, much appreciated