what was everyones 1st car ?

hectashouse

A 1991 Citroen AX GT500 purchased in 1994 or thereabouts (probably before most of you were born lol).

Had it for 2½ years and then wrote it off coming round a blind bend only to see an HGV parked right in front of me. I had to decide whether to go round it (risking a head on collision) or a trip into the undergrowth by veering off the road. I took the green option and bent the chassis :)

1360cc, 85bhp and weighed about as much as a tin of beans - a very respectable bhp:tonne ratio :D

Loved that car........ :wub:

axgt.jpg

Used to see these a lot when I was a kid. Don't ever see them nowadays. Used to be one near where I lived for a long time but even thats gone now. I always liked the look of them.

• 2 weeks later...

When I passed my test I was insured on my mum's Yaris T Spirit 1.3 but my first car was a Yaris T Sport 1.5, beast of a car, very light and very quick off the mark. To drive it felt nothing like a normal Yaris, only bad point was the uncomfy seats but that's Toyota for you! Had it just under 2 years and then got the vr6 (which i'd planned on getting for a long long time) :D