Bad Driver Stories

Skezza

Hey,

I noticed other car websites have a thread for anecdotes regarding **** drivers. Not these "oh he cut me up on the a34", I'm talking stories about people who have intentionally driven dangerously or have tried to intimidate you or whatever. Things that perhaps made you go, wow if that guy is alive past 30 he's going to be lucky as ****. Nothing too personal or identifiable, just car model and what happened.

So i'll start off, tonight I was driving home from my girlfriends house and some turnip in a big Peugeot (407 perhaps?) was tailgating me down a dual carriageway (to be honest, I was driving pretty quickly too). As we approached a roundabout, he decided to overtake only he didn't do a particularly neat job of it and I still ended up crossing the roundabout before him. Over the roundabout, the guy eventually storms into the right hand lane and this kid in a micra is crawling at the speed limit (50), so I figured, well, I'm not one to break the law ;) better not go over the speed limit and undertake him. The guy began tailgating the micra then decided to switch lanes, only, I'm next to him... he almost went straight into my side and then he sat with his front left wing literally cm's away from my rear end in the centre of the road until I had to move forward simply because I genuinely believe he would have hit my car otherwise. Anyway, once I did move forward I decided to stick at the limit as I couldn't be arsed to speed on a road with several cameras, especially as this guy was being a complete dick. He got even closer up my arse than on the previous road (a few feet at most), switched his lights onto high beam and left them on. I eventually undertook the guy in the micra (simply because he started going slower than the speed limit) the guy behind very quickly decided to overtake and tried to pull up next to me and I could tell he was going to give me some abuse so I decided to have some fun. Everytime he got close enough to give me some, I sped up a little just to pull away, it was like a game of cat and mouse. As he entered the next roundabout (Going off a different exit), I waved as he went past. Don't know if he saw, but I definitely had a laugh about it.

Whatever reason the guy was rushing, I hope it was ****ing important because driving like that, he'll end up causing an accident.

• Like 1

You're as much to blame as him

Dunno the other guy was being a proper **** and there's nothing more satisfying than trying to wind folk like that up. He's probably in the wrong aswell but i would have probably done something similair lol

You're as much to blame as him

Why? For not breaking the law because someone is tailgating me. I do speed, I'll admit that, but I aren't going to do it because some a-hole is trying to force me to. Also, I had no reason to slow down to let someone cut me up and fly past especially when they are driving so aggressively. If anything, it would be more dangerous to do so. The only person who could be half 'blamed' was the kid in the micra. He was crawling in the right hand lane, something that irritates everyone, but there's no law in this country that says driving under the speed limit is illegal is there and there certainly is a law that says driving dangerously is illegal (unless you're a chav or an Audi driver).

in your opinion why should I?

a. Undertake someone who was clearly driving a bit unpredictably and as such could be danger if he switched lanes.

b. Drive over the speed limit on a road with shed loads of speed cameras.

c. Slow down to allow some guy to flash me a load of V signs and "****" comments?

The only thing I did that was a teeny bit cheeky was the game of cat and mouse at the end, but seeing as we were approaching the the roundabout I'd already slowed slightly so I wasn't breaking the law.

Look at it from a purely legal viewpoint:

Approaching first roundabout

1. Peugeot 407 - Speeding (to catch up in the first place): illegal, Tailgating: illegal.

2. VW Lupo - Potentially speeding, but not certain as speedo always reports slightly higher. Probably within legal limit.

Past roundabout

1. Peugeot 407 - Tailgating Nissan Micra: illegal, dangerous driving (middle lane james bondness): illegal, tailgating VW Lupo: illegal, attempting to undertake Nissan Micra: would be considered dangerous driving, if successful is illegal, attempting to blind someone with headlights: probably not illegal, but may fall into the category of dangerous driving.

2. VW Lupo - Driving at speed limit: legal, not undertaking: legal.

Approaching second roundabout

1. Peugeot 407 - attempting to pull up alongside someone to give them abuse: probably not illegal but isn't exactly the sign of a fine upstanding member of the community.

2. VW Lupo - Speeding up (within the speed limit) to prevent those trying to give you abuse from doing so: legal.

Explain, aside from my unwillingness to be intimidated by a **** driver what I did wrong? Perhaps you can see it from his point of view.................. :thumbsup:

Edited by Skezza

so I figured, well, I'm not one to break the law ;)

I could tell he was going to give me some abuse so I decided to have some fun. Everytime he got close enough to give me some, I sped up a little just to pull away, it was like a game of cat and mouse. As he entered the next roundabout (Going off a different exit), I waved as he went past. Don't know if he saw, but I definitely had a laugh about it.

The way you have written the above text shows you thought it was a big game and helped escalate the situation, hense why you are as much to blame as him.

Edited by scotty_82

The way you have written the above text shows you thought it was a big game and helped escalate the situation, hense why you are as much to blame as him.

Firstly, I'm not one to be forced into breaking the law, so I'm quite happy to stick with that comment.

Secondly, my only action out of the whole situation, even though it came seconds from the end, was the reason I was to blame for everything that had happened previous?

That's an absolutely ridiculous statement. I'm having to be careful what I write because I don't want to get warned or banned but seriously, you're talking utter crap to blame one 10 second jokey action at the end of 2-3 minutes worth of complete madness from the guy in the pug.

Out of curiosity, why does your Interests say 'getting banned'...? Is that a common occurrence?

Some one tailgates you, they go to overtake you. Any sensible person would think "off you go then, piss off."

You decided to try and piss him off.

Did you read ANY of what I wrote? Or just what that guy who has an interest in getting banned wrote? I'll reiterate this he couldn't overtake me... Not my fault. If he had beef it should have been with the guy in the next car, but I aren't being forced into driving dangerously or fast on a road full of cameras because some impatient sod has been stuck behind a guy crawling in the right hand lane. That's life, you deal with it. You don't drive so dangerously that you put your life, and others at risk. Edited by Skezza

Getting banned off sites is an occupational hazard

Seems you have some anger issues, if this is how you get online I'd hate to see you of someone was lets say tailgating you ?

Edited by scotty_82

Yes I did read the drivel you wrote.

Try using the middle pedal next time.

I hate tailgaters but, if one is trying to get past me, I let them.

*sigh* I don't understand why you don't get it. The only way I could have actually let him past me (aside from practically stopping on the first roundabout) was to slow down for him to then cut me up, undertake the bloke in the right hand lane and drive off.

I am happy to let people go past me, but it wasn't physically possible for him to without me driving just as dangerously. Nothing about me not letting him past.

Getting banned off sites is an occupational hazard

Seems you have some anger issues, if this is how you get online I'd hate to see you of someone was lets say tailgating you ?

Hehe, that's pretty funny ;) Nah, no anger issues here, but it just confuses me how you guys seem to condone dangerous tailgating/driving, essentially blaming me for not being intimidated and speeding or slowing down to allow him to swerve past me, then undertake another vehicle. Essentially your solution to a dangerous driver, is for you to drive dangerously too. Cool, the system works.

Pick up a paper, two toddlers have been killed because some bloke in a BMW and some woman in a MINI, BOTH jumped an amber/red light and were BOTH driving too fast.

Imagine, if someone lets say, had been in front of one of those vehicles preventing them from driving dangerously. Two little toddlers would still be alive.

I'm not saying I don't speed sometimes, but I NEVER tailgate, I always try to overtake and if I can't, I drive safely and walk quicker when I get to my destination.

Anyway, I've given up, mods delete this thread, I can see it turning into a right flame fest! I don't want to argue especially as I imagine you guys are excellent drivers. Just do me a favour and avoid driving near Stoke-on-Trent, I want to stay alive.

Edited by Skezza

I see where he's coming from tbh, with cars in both lanes there was nowhere to go & this guy sticking up his arse with his full beams on is clearly a prize richard head. Winding up nobheads like that can be quite amusing.

Who is condoning anything the other driver did, all I'm saying is that you clearly helped fuel the situation

Who is condoning anything the other driver did, all I'm saying is that you clearly helped fuel the situation

Don't get me wrong, I know that he was wound up, but none of my actions were illegal, or wrong, they were just unhelpful.

And could have caused an accident as much as his illegal actions

Edited by scotty_82

And could have caused an accident as much as his illegal actions

Yeah, he could have run up my arse, or run up the guy in the other lanes arse, or even ran me off the road. See the pattern? Which of these scenarios were caused by me driving legally? I assume all of them because I wasn't speeding or allowing him to shove me off the road...

You are a bit tarded ain't you

Almost the type that will refuse to accept any wrong and blame it on anyone else, yeah he was driving dangerously but you at the end still egged him on, you knew he was going to try and give you **** so played along. You can't come on a forum posting about ba drivers when in the same post you have become one, do you not see the irony ????

You are a bit tarded ain't you

Almost the type that will refuse to accept any wrong and blame it on anyone else, yeah he was driving dangerously but you at the end still egged him on, you knew he was going to try and give you **** so played along. You can't come on a forum posting about ba drivers when in the same post you have become one, do you not see the irony ????

Oh, I'll accept when I'm wrong and I'm happy to take the blame when I know it's my fault. What I won't do is accept fault when I don't think I'm wrong and personally I don't think it's wrong to stick within the law. I questionably egged him on for the last 10 seconds but regardless of what I was thinking at the time, the only word for my driving before then was LEGAL.

If I'd chased him down, given him the finger and then driven home happy, then I would be a bad driver, but sticking within the speed limit, not undertaking etc, doesn't make me a bad driver.

So are you justifying the last ten seconds of wreck less driving then by saying it doesn't count because youre not a bad driver ?

So are you justifying the last ten seconds of wreck less driving then by saying it doesn't count because youre not a bad driver ?

Actually, I didn't justify it, I said it was questionable, that said, I can't see how you can call it wreckless driving. I was in my lane. I was driving within the speed limit and I didn't enter the roundabout until I was sure it was safe. Nothing wreckless about it as far as I can tell. There's a lot of wreckless drivers about if those last 10 seconds are being considered wreckless. Edited by Skezza

I'd describe harsh acceleration and deccelaration, or cat an mouse as you described it as wreck less driving , even if it is all within one lane

No deceleration. Only acceleration but fair enough, i personally think there's a lot more wreckless driving that goes on everyday but point taken.

Edited by Skezza

See Blame everyone else again, I knew I had described you perfectly in the last post

See Blame everyone else again, I knew I had described you perfectly in the last post

Not actually blamed anyone else. Just an opinion that's why I said personally. It's my personal opinion that a lot more wreckless driving goes on that what I did. You don't. Fair enough. Edited by Skezza

Your making the emphasis on other peoples bad driving an excuse for yours though.

We all know bad driving happens somewhere every second of the day but it should never be excused to justify us intentionally doingthe same.

Man up, we all drive badly sometimes, it's just we don't all make posts describing others bad driving whilst in the same breathe describing our own