The Red Breadvan

R99

cant believe you guys have actually made a roaring chunt(-h) of this guys thread because he used the word breadvan, i presume you hate on all the ep3 honda owners who refer to them as breadvans aswell, or converted ferrari 250gt's aswell for that matter breadvan isnt a vw thing its a name attatched to vehicles with a certain shape.

get over yourselves

Thanks mate :)

I'm glad to see your still posting sensible stuff like you were when I was a regular on this forum.

Union flag is getting removed :)

It was there when I got the car & I just haven't got round to sorting it. It's also now sporting aero roof bars which look pretty good. I'll be getting the roof bar caps painted gloss black to match the roof.

79fd31ae.jpg

Next mod is JCW rear bumper, which will be on the car tommorow.

IMG_0557.jpg

I'll also be getting the JCW exhaust tip put on too when I get a chance to fit it.

IMG_0553.jpg

The front bumper is a JCW one yes, with the additional brake cooling ducts & beefier front splitter.

We have a 53 mini one with loads of extras, only got it because the gf wanted one and this only had 11k old man driving miles on it

They have grown on me and that one certainly does look apot on, it's not a bread van though

I'm glad you've put the pics back up, you've done some great work on it, however begrudgingly I might admit it ;)

im not a fan of these minis, but i must say i tip my hat to you good sir! first one i like....bit of stance and your onto a winner :thumbup:

im not a fan of these minis, but i must say i tip my hat to you good sir! first one i like....bit of stance and your onto a winner :thumbup:

Statements like this totally confuse me, define getting "a bit of stance"

Stance is not just one look, a car with race inspired wheels and chunky slick look tyres can have stance, a muscle car with huge rears on can have stance as can a wide and stretched rubber vag mobile.

Its getting the tyre/wheel, ride height, camber, tuck/poke, width and offset all right for that car that makes it sit perfect making it have the perfect stance for its genre, hence it has stance.

Thanks guys :)

I'll be getting the wheels, but it will sadly be a while before there on (cost of refurb / tyres)

Also some **** keyed it, so that's getting put right at the same time the body shop removes the UJ roof decal.

Then it will be the aero side skirts (colour coded) to finish off the John Cooper Works body parts.

ET35 is the max you can get away with on a 7.5J rim, but I wouldn't mind trying spacers on the rear to get the stance spot on....

Statements like this totally confuse me, define getting "a bit of stance"

Stance is not just one look, a car with race inspired wheels and chunky slick look tyres can have stance, a muscle car with huge rears on can have stance as can a wide and stretched rubber vag mobile.

Its getting the tyre/wheel, ride height, camber, tuck/poke, width and offset all right for that car that makes it sit perfect making it have the perfect stance for its genre, hence it has stance.

by it i ment , just needs to be sitting abit nicer? don't get me wrong it site well on the wheels he has but i think there is room for improvement that is all!

i feel that i still haven't cleared this up??? haha

OK, so the JCW rear is now on!

Got to say, its made such a difference to the car, really really happy with the look.

I'll be having the rear light clusters smoothed out to remove the reflectors next month.

At the same time it will also be in the paint shop to have:

• Union Jack roof decal removed
  • Paint on the passenger side A panel where a **** reversed into it
  • The key marks down the drivers side taken out
  • Roof bar caps painted gloss black / metallic silver

Anyway, pictures of the JCW rear:

IMG_2389.jpg

Crappy iPhone pic:

32ad3312.jpg

Also have this ready to fit too, Cooper S fuel cap...

a2fe50d8.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Well, just got in after a trip up to rainy Scotland to pick some BBS wheels up.

They are RZ 523's 17 x 7j ET 37 in good contidion and all straight, just in need of a re-furb.

They cost me all of £100 so a mega bargain I think!

4644a8cc.jpg

c66cae74.jpg

79b8d117.jpg

Right, so the questions.

Firstly what (if any) spacers will be best to get them sitting flush with the arches on a Clubman?

Secondly, centre caps.... they have all the orginal caps with them, but the BBS logo is looking tired on all 4.

I presume you can replace the logo itself and not the whole cap at a cost of £35 each?! The centre logo is 70mm in diameter.

7db05c2a.jpg

Alternativley, I was thinking they look pretty good without the large centre cap, and that maybe I could just fit a set of these instead and run without the cap?

bbscap.jpg

e90a82e2.jpg

Final question is what to do in terms of re-furb colour?? I'm thinking some kind of grey / anthracite colour??

OK, so the small centre cap saga starts here... help!

The inner measurement of the centre hole looks like it is 60mm

5af6b774.jpg

The outer measurement looks like it is 70mm?

73a6bf66.jpg

So I'm guessing I need 70mm BBS caps with a 60mm 'back size'

Also someone please help r.e the centre bore... I know people have run these on the forum, so fingers crossed I can shed some light.

The inner hole is 60mm (as per the above measurement) and then there is this recess which is 70mm

66478727.jpg