Joe's Black Arosa - Funny Suspension

gatesy0093

got some new HT leads on order and might get some new spark plugs soon. anyway, the new problem is the rear wiper motor, not gonna de-wiper my car as its basically raining 24/7 where I live so I kinda need it.

So was wondering where the cheapest place to get a new one / a decent second hand one, also say if i go to my friends scrappy and he doesnt have a lupo/arosa, what possible other VW/SEAT models will have the same motor?

And last question is, the standard rear wiper just looks ugly, so whats some rear wiper arms that look flush and sexy.

Cheers guys, thanks for any help :)

Hi mate, I have a perfectly working motor that you can buy from me. Also Here is a link to a wiper upgrade

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aero-Rear-Wiper-Arm-Blade-VW-Lupo-Seat-Arosa-/221037794354?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3376e11432#ht_2226wt_689

Pm me if your interested.

Joe

So eventually after taking it to my grandads spot again to check these noises out, we managed to change the spark plugs (The ones of the right are a bugger to fit), change the HT leads and check the engine, after checking the engine we decided to sand and smooth down the rocker cover and give it a blast in silver (We managed to solve the stuttering problem as that was due to the HT leads on their way out, but this knocking noise has been decided its on the of head gaskets). We also gave the engine bay a small bit of a clean and here's the results:

DSCF4119.jpg

DSCF4120.jpg

After doing this we decided there was some more we could do so we eventually wapped the manifold shield off, gave that a coating of BBQ spray :thumbsup: and the little 1.0 sign on the top cover was gave a nice touch of gold :P

DSCF4121.jpg

DSCF4122.jpg

DSCF4123.jpg

We then took the little 1 litre beast outside and gave it a good power wash, snow foam and a good hand wash. Couldn't wax or polish it as I left it at mine.. :(

Here's the end result:

DSCF4124.jpg

Not sure if its running negative camber or if it's just the picture haha

DSCF4126.jpg

DSCF4127.jpg

Sneaky TVR

DSCF4130.jpg

DSCF4131.jpg

All lined up :)

DSCF4132.jpg

Joe

I may be wrong but shouldn't you use high temp spray paint for the engine bay? Otherwise the paint could bubble, i know how hot the manifold shield gets! (touched it a few times and thought I was saying bye bye fingerprints)

yeah the manifold cover is a high temp BBQ paint, and the silver was just some alloy spray we had laying around, its not exactly hard to take off, sand down and do it again when the time comes, it was just for something to look at really, takes your eyes off the rest of the grubby bay haha

Cheers Joe :)

Haha I love it :P but trust me my car is far from how I would I like it to be, between work and having to use it all the time I dont have the funds to go full out and give it a good days scrubbing :P It is getting there though, just painfully slow :(

Just something little but at least it's something :)

Finally got round to putting my Polo rear wiper on :)

IMG_10541.jpg

Looks alot tidier.. AND, it's longer by an inch from the original so it pretty much cleans the entire window haha

Right, basically my back seats never ever get used, so I was thinking I may aswell take them out. I know it's easy enough to take them out but what about the metal? What have people done who has taken there seats out? just put some sound proofing in and a cheap carpet?

• 2 weeks later...

Well the false floor has come to a halt as I've been saving up for my holidays :) But adding some sound deadening has made a hell of a difference.

In other news some 60mm springs should be ordered when ive got the money, also some re-trimmed interior doorcards should be on the go soon, btw what did people use to re-trim the head liner?

Also parked next to this bad boy the other day :thumbsup:

DSCF4140.jpg

I just went to the local breakers yard.

Got some really thick stuff from a 4x4 and put that in the spare wheel well (I've taken spare wheel out). I also got some normal thin, yellow stuff (found in nearly every car I looked in) and put that under the rear car seats.

Cost me £5 for both sheets. The thick stuff was about 1x1m and the thin stuff was about 2x1m :)

Thanks Deadmetal. I've got some high heat spray in my watch list haha, it's just all this faffing around with Fat Quarters and the such, was just wondering how much people used and things like that :)

• 1 month later...

So I haven't updated much since nothing's been going on.

Been to a few track days with my uncle though :P

First time round was in his Nissan Pulsar GTIR (Something like that)

SAM_0261.jpg

SAM_0268.jpg

And second time round in his new toy

DSCF4331.jpg

DSCF4342.jpg

Goes like sh*t off a highly polished shovel :D

Other than that I've just recently waxed my car for the first time and here's the results

DSCF4413.jpg

Still sky high :(

DSCF4412.jpg

DSCF4411.jpg

Reflective ;)

DSCF4410.jpg

Almost invisible :P

DSCF4409.jpg

Good job :thumbsup:

DSCF4408.jpg

Comments welcome :)

Edited by gatesy0093

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Right. Time to bring this back to life haha.

Not much has happened over the last few months other than buying a new set of front discs + pads :(

Anyway, here's some pictures :D.

IMG_1059.jpg

Found a red Lupo outside McDonalds so a picture was obviously going to happen :)

IMG_1063.jpg

Went down south to see my uncle and on the way back came across this guy. Don't know who's it is, but it had DUB in the number plate :)

IMG_1124.jpg

The main excitement over the past few months was my new toy which i got for my birthday, Karcher pressure washer with the snow foam lance from autobrite :)

Unfortunately I had to go somewhere so I couldn't get a full proper wash going on but I did get one picture :P

IMG_1158.jpg

And getting into the mood for Christmas, tinsel style :thumbsup:

IMG_1160.jpg

That's all folks!

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Well just recently had it's M.O.T. done at the casual price of £456 at my nearest VW dealership :o Tell you what, it better last a hell of a long time haha.

What's the most you guys have spent on an M.O.T?