roller painting?!

ElZ 16v

seen a bloke down my road who has quite a few nice cars and recently seen him roller painting his car with just a small roller and the finish isnt bad..

seems he didnt even sand the old paint anyone have expereience of roller painting on a car?

any help is appreciated

Did you not say somewhere else that this is a Land Rover? Is he using it for offroading?

I have used gloss rollers on household items such as doors, stair panels and radiators. They do give a good finish, but it will only be as good as the prep.

Probably better suited to a matte\satin finish.

yes it a defender 90 i think big wide wheels jacked up obviously a weekend toy for offroading but still looks cool

and i hae decided to go all over matte black .. preperation wise how would i go about it ..

scotchbrigt the original paint and get primer then matte black?

We went straight on with the paint... foam rollers as apposed to the fluffy ones.. :) you can sand down the paint first to get laquer off but went on well without doing that.. and it was over silver :) Have to have a careful hand and a keen eye to get it perfect as lines show up very easily :)

My brother rolled his series two landrover finish isnt show standard but its a pretty decent finish probs better than my paint infact!

There a Lupo being broken on Ebay.

and its been 'hand painted'

Looks like Cack. all the paints peeling and it just looks like someone set it on fire.

roller painting wont be a permanent fix Some paints wont like the Water also.

Im all for 'Giving it a go' but theres some things i would NEVER attempt to do and that is repainting body work.

Especially on somthing that's actually worth something or something i actually cared about.

May looks good now, But look into Maintaining the Finnish and how its going to look in a few years.

Once you put roller to car theres no going back.. welll not without spending Alot of money.

my car isnt worth anything well cash wise the original paintiwork is crappy i reckon a bucket of muddy water chucked over it would be better

i'd say go for it! If its not worth anything then what have ya got to lose?

when in doubt, use a JML product, because nothing can ever go wrong with one of those! ;)

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/270969527074?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y

:D :D :D :D :D

alot of classic cars are hand roller painted and pros in the coach work trade say its a better finish than spraying but they are probs more traditionalist, i asked my brother more about rollering and he said if the prep work is good enough you can get it to show standard and after you have painted it go over it worth wet and dry sandpaper and it should bring it up all nice and shiny most people that are sceptical havnt even seen a roller painted car it depends on if your going to take your time and do a proper job, but for all the trouble and the fact its a newer car you could also get an air compressor and just spray the car!