fuel economy help!

i own a mk1 arosa done 92800 miles now has no backbox just straight through pipe and an air filter i realise these hamper fuel economy but what can i do to improve it? i plan on removing rear seats as they cannot be sat in anyway do the fuel cleaners make thecar run any better?

also plan on an oil change very soon as it hasnt had one for a while any advice welcome!

cheers

Edited by ElZ 16v

Tyres at right pressure, good service oil/filters/plugs, decent fuel.

Main difference will be they way you drive it. FWIW I got 374 miles from my last tank in my Sport (properly brimmed tank mid you!). Didnt dare go for 400, but Im certain its possible.

374 crikey I just got about 280 from a full tank of BP ultimate!

Anyway back on topic...when was the fuel filter last changed? Cheap, easy, might help.

i just about get £200 but im always in a rush so that probably doesnt help an how easy is a service to do at home i mean iv changed sparkplugs and oil on a motrbike but not a car any advice?

i just about get £200 but im always in a rush so that probably doesnt help an how easy is a service to do at home i mean iv changed sparkplugs and oil on a motrbike but not a car any advice?

Not that hard, just need to get Under the car.

there's loads of stuff you could read on-line about it

I was under the impression he had just chopped off his backbox and replaced it with a straight pipe?

Either way, a remap would be benificial, but not needed as such - the parameters within the ECU should be able to adapt to the tiny changes necessary witha different exhaust setup

i have just removed backbox and put a straight pipe in with a bent tip and welded a new hanger on.. thanks for help

what should my arosa be doing to a full tank like 200 miles?

I've swapped the midbox out now For a pretty Un restrictive one, pops and bangs now. Just need a de cat and flames :)

Edited by joeadamou