Old member, new Gti - For sale

Pete91

• 2 weeks later...

Thought i'd give this an update.

Progress so far on the boot build:

58afd8b0.jpg

c5a68217.jpg

f8d6a7b9.jpg

The plan is for the amp to be mounted up against the back seats, 2 10" subs into the floor of the box and inbetween the subs will be a bit of perspex and a stinger cap below with a digital display showing the volts going through it :D

that box looks familiar..... oh wait i have one exactly the same except with sub in middle and amp either side under the top section of the build ha ha, looking good

Liking the sound of this!

Cheers man!

Looking good :) shame I need my boot or I would have one like this :(

Just do it. It'll be well worth it ;)

that box looks familiar..... oh wait i have one exactly the same except with sub in middle and amp either side under the top section of the build ha ha, looking good

Damn. I thought i was being slightly original haha

I'm massively happy with the way it's worked so far. The optimal volume of the sealed box is 48l, i managed to get 47.895...with the help of my dad tho :-)

Edited by Pete91

• 2 weeks later...

More boot build progress :D

a2d0632b.jpg

50a5b20a.jpg

Was hoping to get people's opinions on what would be the best way to display they cap.

First option is to have a rectangle piece of perspex where the VW badge is and have the cap below showing the digital reading or;

The second option is to have the VW logo with perspex in the gaps but undecided as to whether it'll look tacky or not?

All opinions welcome!!

keep it nice and simple and have a gap for the cap (no perspex) so half raised above the floor :)

Cap-Pic2.jpg

like this :):)

Edited by patroddy

^^this sounds like a plan mate. Only thing is that i'd need to make sure it's 100% sealed. I think a smidgen of fibre glass may be required ;)

do you mean so its tight around it and no gap??

Yeah mate cos i've worked out the dimensions for a sealed box as opposed to a ported box. Need to figure out something with the cables aswell to try and hide them. Hmmmm defo worth looking into though. Cheers for the suggestion!! :D

• Like 2

Yeah mate cos i've worked out the dimensions for a sealed box as opposed to a ported box. Need to figure out something with the cables aswell to try and hide them. Hmmmm defo worth looking into though. Cheers for the suggestion!! :D

run the power cap out of the box?? :)

Ahh i see. If i kept the cap outside the box it would mean just bolting it to the top as oppose to sinking it down. I'm quite a fan of your idea of sinking it into the build so i could just cut hole just big enough and squeeze it in so that it's air tight.

naah i dont think so??

you could still sink it in??

v8ptza.png

the black being the sub and the box, and the red being the power cap, and the blue lines the cables?

Aww now i get it. Massive brain fart haha. Cheers for all the help Pat!

haa no problems kept me entertained

Pat, I think you should have your own "car hunting" thread....... :)

naah would get boring "went on autotrader ... disappointed that in the last hour no car has been added that i want, went on piston heads ... same issue ... ebay "ooh thats nice :D aah write off :(" lol

but soon no more shall i be hunting hoping this weekend that all my issues will be solved or the weekend after :D depennding on work and payday

Peter Fearn, you are my idol.

Swap cars with you?

Haha cheers man! Once you get the wheels on and the damper issue sorted out then yours will be saweeeet!!

Love the build!

Cheers buddy!

Edited by Pete91