SlowPoke's Make Over - Interior Commence.

SlowPoke

:) cheers praise indeed. been hard work but certainly worth it.

You've also inspired me to grow another moustache.

Good work you have just enough months to get a good one for movember :thumbsup::yes:

I've spent the whole night adding things to my to buy list, frustrating im out of cash till the end of the month now :angry2:

When the end of the month comes i hope to see much spent on this little beaut. Haha i had a handlebar for about a year but only shaved it off recently, itll make a return. Besides, at the rate my facial hair grows ill only need a few days, let alone months.

Some serious autopron going on there. 'tis bloody lovely.

Y'got 99 problems but y'loop ain't one.

Hit me!

:thumbsup:

I've spent the whole night adding things to my to buy list, frustrating im out of cash till the end of the month now :angry2:

Same thing we do every night Pinky...

Updates!

Made the most monumental error today. Went to wrap the bonnet, using a material i've never used before, and it just would not stretch even with tonnes of heat! ended up getting so P'd off with it i ripped it off, pulling tonnes of paint off with it and screwed it up! only then did i discover that this particular brand of vinyl has a protective clear overlay sheeting on it! whipped that off and oh may days beautiful to work with, this stuff looks like instant perfect paint job, only downside is i didn't have enough to do the roof due to screwing the buggered bit up! might try and blag a partial refund as there were no instructions with it to suggest removing the film.

Also, i've now completely chopped all the 'dead springs' from my rear coils, much happier with it now. Oh and i think the most dangerous thing about chopping springs is the actual chopping itself, i hate angle grinders!! With the car jacked up you can now just pick the springs out without undoing the shocks bolt LOL so i've cable tied them in place, not that they are ever likely to come unseated, would need some seriously long air time for them to come out!

Heres some pics, ill take some decent ones soon as i get a good camera sorted out.

dcdcfcaf.jpg

0f3fc5c8.jpg

1dd6f0a0.jpg

0cca1e48.jpg

And one of my toilet door :)

a216cefd.jpg

Awesome! Loving the Bonnet wrap thing. Oh and your toliet door is minted!

Its Thread's like these that make me mega jealous! :/

Anyways Loving the car! :)

Edited by kitkat27

where 'bouts do you live SlowPoke?

That door is awesome! Car is looking good, it would be cool if you could some how have your roof lining done in a similar effect, but as far as i know you can't airbrush fabric lmao.

Portsmouth mate, whys that?

just wondering mate, its a sweet vehicle you got there, one of the best looking on club lupo imo :thumbsup:

Cheers mate!

Im thinking of Printing this out for my roof, its very dark because i want it subtle (i know the design itself isn't lol) so it will blend in with the satin paint job, don't want it to look too "stuck on"

Germanflag.jpg

Comments appreciated :)

i photoshopped that eagle where my old badge was on the rear but i wasn't to sure on it, i hate that i can make literally anything at work, makes it so hard to decide!

First world problems eh? :P haha

haha that is a problem that comes under the "Good problems" catergory, along with having "too much money" and being "too good looking" :cheeky:

I set out for santa pod this weekend it was classic ford and my uncles into his fords, so i set off and picked him up.

My suspension has settled alot more since i dropped it and with a full tank of petrol she's alot lower, so we rolled the arches out just a wee bit more as a precaution.

5 miles down the road and with the extra weight of my uncle in the car we were scrubbing ALOT, so back to my work to fix things.. the grinder came out and we ground off some bumper, and took a bigger hammer to the rear arches, seemed to do the trick! now only scrubs fully loaded and only on big motorway dips at high speed.

The journey was eventful, sat nav thought it would test my cars lows and sent me down what i can old describe as a mortar bombed country road! within 5 seconds i knew my underside was going to take a major beating, but there was no reversing & to make matters worse an old couple in a 4x4 were right up my arse, so i pulled over to let them squeeze past and in doing so i beached myself! after alot of jiggling and horrific underbelly sounds i got free, but now my exhaust was well and truly blowing and hanging 1cm from the ground :unsure: anyway we eventually got there, and the entrance to the campsite finished my exhaust off!

f5e5185a.jpg

Plus side she purs like a kitten now haha! my 1.0 sounds like a lovely raspy 2.0 haha. all fun and games until your doing 4000rpm for 3 hours on the motorway in what sounds like a drag car, ironic really with the santa pod trip.

Anyway was an amazing day, despite being just fords there were some real beauties there and i think ill be going up there for the next VW event!

This was the nicest car by far..

b96738d9.jpg

Little eagle.

a6b9e91b.jpg

Name Tag.

da0434ed.jpg

At least it was a lovely sunny day, and despite her injuries she got me there and back, all be it limping!

69123b56.jpg

Oh and a quick question, is the ARB supposed to be hard up against the chasis? because mines pushed up onto it.. :ermm:

haha this is what having a loop is all about, the fun of a road trip coupled with the horror of being beached on a country road. On TopGear they say your not a real car enthusiast until you have owned an Alfa romeo....it should be your not a true enthusiast unless you have had a lupo on lows!! :swerve:

Haha classic, well I'll be making a custom replacement for it something upswept and shiney hehe, poor things probably got no back pressure.

Soon as I'm paid she's having a major service overhaul, get the cambelt done too, as I'm unsure if it's been done and she's just hit 75k.