Anyone play guitar?

JoeA

Been playing guitar for about 8 years now. Primarily do shredding although I like to vary it a bit, throw in the odd classical piece or jazz.

For a long time, guitars and amps are all I spent my wages on, I've had to cut back on that ;)

I'm currently playing a Warmoth Custom build with a scalloped neck, Ash strat body loaded with the YJM DiMarzio setup.

However I own a number of guitars, Jackson Soloist SL1, Fernandes JEL Signature, Charvel 750XL, Charvel Jap JEL Custom Hot Rod, ESP JEL Signature, ESP M1, Ibanez RG570 and just a standard USA Strat. Got myself a nice Charvel Acoustic too which is just for noodling on really.

For my amps, I have a Mesa Boogie F100, Marshall JCM800 1959 Reissue, Peavey Bravo 112 and a Yamaha DG80.

joeadamou, first guitar I ever owned was an old pre-Gibson Steinberger in white with 2 very loud humbuckers (might have been EMGs). The thing never went out of tune and as you say, it took literally seconds to change a string. I regret selling it to this day.

Steinbergers are amazing, American or Korean :)

I have a feeling it was one of their late 80s models which means PROBABLY Korean but maybe American. I don't know enough about them, I got it second hand at a cash converters. The bloke had no idea what the **** it was and as the Internet was still making its way into shops, so he was totally puzzled as to what it was. I'd seen Alan Holdsworth playing one so I was actually inspired when I saw it there lol!

That must mean when I think about it, I've been playing longer than 8 years, more like 10 actually lol, christ I need to start working on my maths lol!!

Was a fantastic guitar. None of this plywood body ****. Resonated beautifully. Unfortunately, soon after I got it, I played a Floyd Rose loaded Jackson and I went through a mad stage of Floyd Rose'ness after selling the Steinberger. I had Floyd Rose loaded guitar one after another to be honest, I reckon at one point I perhaps had 12 guitars, all of which had Floyd's not a single one with a hard tail or standard Fender trem. I eventually grew out of it and began to regret selling that Steinberger lol!

Edited by Skezza

• 2 weeks later...

I've played guitar for around 12 years. Started off playing classical/spanish, but now play all sorts, but of coarse with the odd harmonic minor thrown in.

I have the following gear, pics to follow...

1988 American standard Strat in Silver with scalloped maple neck, with Seymour duncan hotrail bridge pickup.

2001 Mexican Strat in vintage cream, with SRV style chinese pickups, which sounds brilliant through any fender amp!

Blackstar All valve head

Marshall 1936 vintage 2x12 cab

Ibanez tube screamer ts-808 overdrive pdeal

Holy Grail reverb pedal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lol.

My local place is Nevada Music, they've been around for decades and pretty much all the staff are musicans/music fans.When I asked on their facebook if it was cool to bring my own guitar to try a few amps, they pretty much insited that I did.

Support your local stores, they pretty much are always more knowlagable than the big/chain retailers.