lowered car? read this!

Battsy

i have a 1997 seat arosa, bought it 3 months ago and its been fine except for a few minor problems which were easy fixes however on thursday last week i noticed a loud clunking/grinding noise comming from the front of the car so i took it to ATS today for a free check...

turns out the lower arms have been bent in result of the car being so low, has anyone else had this problem?

also i need a new cv joint and maybe drive shaft?

i have no knowledge of lowered and modded cars so is this a problem you will always get with a lowered car or will it be fixed if i replace these parts?

the lower arms are meant to sit straight i was told but mine are sitting in a v shape were the cars so low,

the car is lowered 60mm ( estimate ) not sure of exact measurements so its not even the lowest it could be :/

any help will be highly appreciated

Only a minor issue.

in all seriousness i've been low for about 8 months now with no issues? im more than 60mm aswel... as are hundreds of other lupo owners! Fair play for the warning though :)

Only a minor issue.

in all seriousness i've been low for about 8 months now with no issues? im more than 60mm aswel... as are hundreds of other lupo owners! Fair play for the warning though :)

my car isnt safe to drive in the condition its in though mate, so id class it as serious :P, aand yeh i know thats what i mean its not even that low compared to some cars ive seen on here lol,

gonna empty my bank and get this sorted hopefully ill have a fully functional car after..

ive just spent over 300 on the audio for this to happen i am gutted lol

my car isnt safe to drive in the condition its in though mate, so id class it as serious :P, aand yeh i know thats what i mean its not even that low compared to some cars ive seen on here lol,

gonna empty my bank and get this sorted hopefully ill have a fully functional car after..

ive just spent over 300 on the audio for this to happen i am gutted lol

Was just kidding buddy haha!

Yeah, as above obviously it adds more stress to certain parts, like camber can cause wheel bearings to 'go' quicker, it will come down to the age of your car/parts too obviously, my car has 5 years on yours so i'd expect mine to last longer anyway if u get what i mean?

Was just kidding buddy haha!

Yeah, as above obviously it adds more stress to certain parts, like camber can cause wheel bearings to 'go' quicker, it will come down to the age of your car/parts too obviously, my car has 5 years on yours so i'd expect mine to last longer anyway if u get what i mean?

yeh true m8, so you reckon if i get the parts changed and fixed it'll be fine sitting lowered?

obviously theres a chance it could go again but hopefully it wont ?

to add to the discussion. brought my car as standard. brought some coilovers aproximatly 120mm front and 110mm back standard wheel tuck in nicely with a little bit of camber anyhow when i first got the car i checked absolutly everything and changed things as i saw fit and every suspension part was in good nick slight bit of surface rust here and there, been as low as stated for about 15 months the only sighn of change is that the right drive shaft has a small sign of wear, this was due to the cable holder that runs arround the sump hanigng a bit low cable tie sorted that out. nothing bent nothing damaged. slight scratches on front swing arm mounts though nothing major

to add to the discussion. brought my car as standard. brought some coilovers aproximatly 120mm front and 110mm back standard wheel tuck in nicely with a little bit of camber anyhow when i first got the car i checked absolutly everything and changed things as i saw fit and every suspension part was in good nick slight bit of surface rust here and there, been as low as stated for about 15 months the only sighn of change is that the right drive shaft has a small sign of wear, this was due to the cable holder that runs arround the sump hanigng a bit low cable tie sorted that out. nothing bent nothing damaged. slight scratches on front swing arm mounts though nothing major

nice mate, im gonna get the lower arms and new drive shaft and cv joint... should be ok after i hope!

• 2 weeks later...

Dont let the Garage over charge you mate, when they give you a price, dont commit, ask around and ask on here see what people say to that price, Drive shafts arnt a fun job but

" thatll be £200 young man" " haha what a sucker.... he paid it" < we dont want that to happen :)

to be honest matey it sounds likem the previous owner probably used to take hump back bridges dukes of hazzard style :swerve: Get everything checked out when it get fixed but it should be fine :yes:

hmm, i dont know but i paid it all out and the cars running fine now.. not really fussed about the funds as all i wanted was my car on the road :)

must say im so much happier with the car now then before

i will add pics soon be sure to keep an eye out for my thread:)