Onwards and Upwards....

Hawkesybaby

I used to keep up with middle aged Sunday drivers in scoobies n such round the bends blasting round Wales with Mrs Koop in a 950cc AX tbf :lol: they lose you on the straights while you trundle along at 60 but pussy out in the bends, where a well balanced small FWD won't need to slow down as much. And let's face it these are a fair proportion of the people who can actually afford the insurance on something like an evo ;)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the reason i love forums, quotes like that.

300bhp plus of 4wd yaw controlled road going rally car being tail gated by a 125bhp lupo fwd lol

sorry but thats funny, the gti is a fun car on the bends but thats a different league.

The last time I checked I'm pretty sure you can't use 300bhp whilst cornering....?

I've had quick cars before my old mk2 ate evos/scoobies/m3's for breakfast and still had room... but this lupo on the bends is unreal!

Oh an another point...

It was once famously said that a well driven mk1 golf gti could keep on the tail of a Ferrari of that same era on the twisties...

Another valid point I must say!

Edited by Hawkesybaby

In sorry but I used to own a 106 rallye with a gti engine and could easily keep up with lupo gti's but in no way coul I get close to a half decently driven Evo

I call bull****

The last time I checked I'm pretty sure you can't use 300bhp whilst cornering....?

I've had quick cars before my old mk2 ate evos/scoobies/m3's for breakfast and still had room... but this lupo on the bends is unreal!

And last time i checked you would struggle to use all of that 120bhp through the front wheels in a corner too.

All depends on the driver. I embarassed an idiot in a scooby who was tailgating me through a 30 limit. Got to the twisties, I knew the road, knew what my car could do through there and never saw him again.

On topic; nice car. Like the wheel, much better than the usual momo team 280 that people seem to love on here.

Edited by Deadmetal

I don't think anyone's suggesting they're an amazing driver, merely that they can dick crap drivers in more powerful cars :lol:

Nah not at all.... he was doin 30 in a 40 and I was an inch from his rear bumper all the time! It was awesome it made not just my day but my entire life to know that I am that good of a driver and that he couldn't handle my awesomeness! I must now go and masturbate furiously over the memory of how amazing epicly awesome I am...

Deary me!

Ive also driven 300 bhp imprezas and a 460bhp evo, neither of which i would put in the same bracket as a lupo and i know for a fact i could have out ran on any twisty road a lupo gti, i wasn't even the owner of these either so probably could have gone alot quicker once i had learnt the cars characteristics.

The mechanical grip the evo gave in the corners was immense, not even close to a fwd 125bhp car.

The mechanical grip the evo gave in the corners was immense, not even close to a fwd 125bhp car.

Indeed, and the grip and power delivery of the Impreza/Evo flatters even the most average driver. Very easy to drive fast.

This really is too funny.....

It happened get over it lmao!!!!

We're you there no... did you see it happen no....

If you don't believe I happened then don't believe you can spout all the facts you like but it happened!

I'm bored now!

I've had no interest in this thread at all since I started and the first thing that happens is an argument! It winds me up!

Oh I have no doubt I am not gifted when it comes to driving but you are right it made me feel like loebs love child.

I was out for a jog the other day, spotted Usain bolt, took after him and he couldnt do anything on the twisty bits, caught me up on the straights though.

Isn't that an advert?

*sorry for spamming your thread even more dude haha

Edited by Koop

Going slightly off topic here - Don't you think Scotty's profile pic looks like the love child of Brandon Lee and Ronald McDonald......? :)

11335602240783.jpg

This really is too funny.....

It happened get over it lmao!!!!

We're you there no... did you see it happen no....

If you don't believe I happened then don't believe you can spout all the facts you like but it happened!

I'm bored now!

I've had no interest in this thread at all since I started and the first thing that happens is an argument! It winds me up!

I beat a Ferrari in a race on the M6...

He was doing 65mph and I was doing 70mph.

:lol:

I heard he is the love child of Brandon Lee and Ronald McDonald.