My 1.0 lupo build thread.

alecvincent123

Hi all, im new to the Dub world, i have been through a lot of jap stuff but thought i would some fun with a little lupo.

I bought this a week ago with a f**K*D gearbox, it has a 1.4 polo engine in it but apart from that its standard.

IMG_3715.jpg

I have just purchased these of ebay:

IMG_3721.jpg

and i have sprayed some of the interior plastics:

IMG_3711.jpg

But i am off to Africa tomorrow for a month, so i will be sorting the gearbox as soon as im home, does anyone no of a where i can get a gearbox from ? IE anyone breaking a lupo atm ;) i understand lupo and polo box's are the same ? except for ratios? Cheers.

Edited by alecvincent123

I'd imagine there is plans to lower it if he's bought coilovers..

and btw buddy, you have a 1.4 engine in there.... and drum rear brakes??? The Lupo/Arosa 1.4's come with rear disc brakes for a reason.. Quicker you go, faster you need to stop!!

Although I could be completly wrong.

I'd imagine there is plans to lower it if he's bought coilovers..

and btw buddy, you have a 1.4 engine in there.... and drum rear brakes??? The Lupo/Arosa 1.4's come with rear disc brakes for a reason.. Quicker you go, faster you need to stop!!

Although I could be completly wrong.

You are completely wrong :). Mines standard 1.4 with drum brakes on rear :) only sport, gti and diesels have rear discs! :D

whaaaat, when i looked earlier, i swear all that was on this thread was the top picture and top paragraph :S

and yeah, 1.4S models have rear drums. not discs

Edited by Thooooom

:S So is it just the Gti then? Strange because I once said on here I was contemplating putting a 1.4s engine in my 1L, and a well know user on here told me I'd also need the rear disk brakes off the same model?? :(

Anyway, soz to hijack this dudes thread!!

Alecvincent, look in the For Sale section on here and you may find the odd breaking thread ;D

yeh she certainly needs a good clean, and i fitted the coilovers yesterday so shes now sat on her ass! Just need to drill a lower hole for the rear shocks so the rear will go down more.

And brakes is always a good idea anyway i think, i will be investing in them shortly.

Also i thought the for sale section would be a good place to look but i didnt want to enquire just yet as like im say im currently getting on a plane atm! LOL

Thanks for the advice, i will be updating as i go.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

IMG_6057.jpg

Just a Random pic

ALso just bought some BBS RAs, this is what i have done so far.

IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6083.jpg

IMG_6088.jpg

Thought i would be a bit different with the colour, its kind of a red oxide colour, alot more matte than in looks in the pictures.

IGNORE THE RUBBER, GETTING NEW TYES ONCE THERE FINISHED! lol

Edited by alecvincent123

Nice, I know a lot of people hate on RAs but I reckon they'll turn out pretty sweet

Nice, I know a lot of people hate on RAs but I reckon they'll turn out pretty sweet

Yeh i know man, i love RSs but everyone has them, plus the cost about £1000 more than these did ;)

I think these should look good for the money that theyve cost me.

BTW how do i get his moved to member rides!? lol

• 3 weeks later...