1.0L Lupo in need of a Engine Conversion - Help

Tommo - Lupo

1.0L lupo to do a engine conversion with, but it being my second year of driving and being my first engine conversion I'm only thinking of dropping a 1.4 or 1.6 engine in it.

So i'm wondering whats going to be the easiest engine to fit and the best to tune up?

So if u can help guide me, it would help a lot

Cheers

Luke

Edited by Tommo - Lupo

plus if u drop a bigger engine in, you have to declare this to the insurance company... so id wait!

Of course ill declare it!

But ill found a 1.6 gti engine that comes with everything needed to convert it. which i buy and rebuilt it for next year, make it a long project! as i may as well run this 1.0 engine till it ****s it self

project.gif

Plan- Me want lot of d powa m8

Define- Me want a 1.8turbo mate

Design- i has bought a dump valve 4 it.

Construct- I has used sum old wood 4 d engine mounts

Deploy- Me has crashed it

Support- My mate is a proper sik mechanic man and he said he will fix it for like £20 and a blowy off mi sister.

BO!

Of course ill declare it!

But ill found a 1.6 gti engine that comes with everything needed to convert it. which i buy and rebuilt it for next year, make it a long project! as i may as well run this 1.0 engine till it ****s it self

Lupo or polo gti engine?

Research should have helped you select the correct one.

I've asked a similar question recently too, best thing to do is really look into it thoroughly by searching high and low on here to get a good idea of what's required and also the cost in comparison to your budget. Like the others have said 1.4 could be better suited. Personally I'm still going for a swap but I don't need my car as a daily and will be keeping it full stop. Hope this helps a bit :)

Edited by mccrindle

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me as its not standard.

well a Lupo GTi to buy will cost me more then converting my 1.0L to 1.6 and getting it insuraned

As i only payed 750 quid for the lupo, and i have found a member on here, selling gti engine with everything i need to covert the lupo for dead cheap!

I think it will be a good project for me to learn alot more about engine conversions !

What ever people think!

well a Lupo GTi to buy will cost me more then converting my 1.0L to 1.6 and getting it insuraned

As i only payed 750 quid for the lupo, and i have found a member on here, selling gti engine with everything i need to covert the lupo for dead cheap!

I think it will be a good project for me to learn alot more about engine conversions !

What ever people think!

And that's £750 for a 1.0 lupo correct?

• 4 weeks later...

I got mine for £400 just running a 1.4 75BHP engine but plan to Polo GTI mine! :) Lupo GTI Loom With Polo GTI Engine, Transponder, ECU, Key N Barrel, Clocks. Obviously I will need to do a brake conversion n that but should be fun little car if it ever gets done :P