Spotted...

Blah blah

I don't get on here very much, but it was a bit disappointing to see not only the reg but the current address of our Lupo plastered all over a 'spotted' thread.

Perhaps the mods could consider a sticky or similar with some guidelines about what should not be included and the posters could use a bit of common sense so that we don't need a 'Stolen' thread.

We don't want to lose our Lupo to some lowlife that can't be bothered to work and scrimp and save to buy one and threads that say "I've seen this Lupo parked up at such and such every day between the hours of 8 and 6" don't really help keep it safe.

Cheers

Blah blah...

Its one of those things though. You spend money on making sure your car stands out, put it on forums for people to appreciate so its gonna get attention. That was the intent and thats what will happen. Good or bad attention, you'll still get attention.

I don't mind the attention the Loop gets, and if you are happy to have your car details plastered all over the internet then that's your choice.

However, threads that make it obvious to all and sundry in the whole wide world where a particular car is regularly parked and its registration might (just might) lead some toerag to have a go at it. It may never happen, and I may be being paranoid and overly cautious, but who knows. We will do whatever is reasonable to keep ours safe which is why we always blank out number plates, don't give exact locations on forums, and keep it garaged when we can.

Im going to be harsh, if it did get stolen at east you will have got rid of the lensos.

I have a major distaste for poor quality reps.

Im going to be harsh, if it did get stolen at east you will have got rid of the lensos.

I have a major distaste for poor quality reps.

Why do you hate Lensos ? I honestly don't see whats not to like...They fulfill their purpose as a wheel (I.e. they are round and they work...) and in doing so they also look very smart. So they mite not be real split rims, but whats to say that makes them poor quality? I have some and i think thay are great. I understand they are not as good as BBS as they do not have the history, but for the money you get a nice set of wheels. Surely you don't dilike them because the way they look? Because they replicate the BBS. Maybe it's because most wheels that are under the £400-500 mark are classed a rubbish.

I just want to see if people have a valid reason for their "distaste".

You can buy second hand BBS for 500 notes or just over, or have the replica for 500 notes on tick.

Id rather have the real deal ones that have heritage and a proven track record, not some copies made by some kids in Taiwan with cheap ally.

Working on your theory of being round and working i like steels and think they look smart, so why have alloys int he first place then?

My reason for the distaste is the same reason as when i see people wearing fake uggs etc etc etc .

Edited by scotty_82

Like i said, i know their not as good as the BBS as they are a fairly prestige name when it comes alloy wheels both in road going and motorsport cars. All i'm just saying it the Lensos look as good and you can pick up brand new ones for the price of a used set of BBS. I also do not need some high quality wheels as i only drive a 1.0 (so does the creator of this thread apparently?) For me, i just wanted to get a set of brand new wheels, not some that may be a few years old and will most likely need some refurb. Steels are fine, but i think aftermarket alloys can be used to enhance the appearance of most cars (if done correctly). I do understand your side of the arguement, im not being stuburn, i just dont think the Lensos are fairly treated. Also i guess i don't pay that much attention/ know enough about ugg boots to get annoyed at fake ones... :coffee:

I do apologise to 'Blah blah' for going a bit off topic.