want to fit remote central locking

benters

The boot unlock wont work as its not wired up. The only way to get to work would be to put in a boot popper and wire it to the module using the wires for it. Ive yet to do this as i currently just have the key in the position which locks and unlocks it with the central locking.

The kit has the ability to use the total closure which means the the windows close when you lock the car up. They dont open though. As for the chip its easy enough to get out of the key just dont loose it. When you replace it in the new key make sure to glue it in so it doesnt move.

i was bored, and excited to fit it ! haha.

didnt get round to doing the indicator cables, but ill do that tomorrow. thanks for all the help madmanncfc, i used your guide throughout, it helped me so much.

In that case you just have to fit the actuators somewhere and connect them to the rods in the doorcards. Then you wire it up using the diagrams. You should be able to get the power and earth from the brown block in the drivers footwell and use the bolt that goes through the metal bracket as an earth.

:-)

• 2 months later...

definitely reviving an old thread here, but this is too funny to not tell..

FINALLY got around to wiring up my indicators yesterday night, after 3 months or so...

anyway, i used madmanncfc's guide he wrote on in here, (infact thats all i used for the entire fitting) however, i wired into the wrong side of cables behind the steering wheel. me being stupid i wired in on the side where the indicator stalk is, without actually checking where they led too. obviously it was the other stalk.

so theres me getting out the car, standing infront and being excited about watching them flash for the first time, i press it and..

1. the main headlight bulbs flashes

2. the wipers started...

i fell on the floor laughing, and then soon after corrected myself.

madmanncfc you have been such a help with this, thanks!

yeah just split through the insulation and solder into the wire.

theres a bit more to it that that, theres a live, 3 earths, window roll up, the actual lock and unlock, indicators, and i think another too. its fairly straight forward though, you just have to be careful.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, sorry to post elsewhere and revive an old thread, but am having some troubles with my kit! Fitted it today using the scotchlocks provided (thinking now soldering might be a much better option?) and can't get the unit to work at all. Is there some sequence you have to go through to register the remotes etc?

Also I used a ring terminal and grounded the yellow and yellow/black wire together with the black earth, is that alright?

Totally stumped :(

Hey guys, sorry to post elsewhere and revive an old thread, but am having some troubles with my kit! Fitted it today using the scotchlocks provided (thinking now soldering might be a much better option?) and can't get the unit to work at all. Is there some sequence you have to go through to register the remotes etc?

Also I used a ring terminal and grounded the yellow and yellow/black wire together with the black earth, is that alright?

Totally stumped :(

i had a few problems with my scotch locks at first, it did take a few goes, i ended up taking them off and wrapping the wires together and taping them up. the remotes don't need registering no, it should work as soon as its getting a live and an earth. The box actually makes a quiet ticking noise when it receives a signal. the grounds are fine too, all 3 of mine are on the same screw recommeded by madmannfc on his guide.

Edited by Thooooom

i had a few problems with my scotch locks at first, it did take a few goes, i ended up taking them off and wrapping the wires together and taping them up. the remotes don't need registering no, it should work as soon as its getting a live and an earth. The box actually makes a quiet ticking noise when it receives a signal. the grounds are fine too, all 3 of mine are on the same screw recommeded by madmannfc on his guide.

Thanks man, will rip off the scotch locks to the live feed tomorrow and try again! It's more than likely to be them cause they look so cheap haha.

Thanks man, will rip off the scotch locks to the live feed tomorrow and try again! It's more than likely to be them cause they look so cheap haha.

yeah, they suck to be honest :lol: