BMW E46 - Previous Arosa, Bora & Fabia

MrSloanes

GOOD NEWS!

Looks like a done deal that the old Lurosa is coming back home! Not gunna be for me but gunna be for our lass to start driving in. Got a few small bits to finalise with the lad but looking likely that im getting it back :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So the Fabia is going at the end of the month.

I have picked my next car and paid a deposit on a BMW 320titd 2004 registered. Its silver with 80k miles on the clock and is immaculate (from what i could see in the pissing rain when i went to view it)

They are generally the ugly poor man's BMW but hey they arent modified very often (that i have noticed) so im getting one.

A couple of days after picking mine and paying a deposit i was asked to do a shoot of a car for someone on facebook and guess what car he drove..... Yup same colour and car as what im getting, suppose it shows how nice they can be when done right though. Heres a pic of it.

8754202685_400b1e134f_z.jpg

Due to hitting some nice big bonuses from work my plans are getting the car, painting rubstrips to match car, de-wipering, and ill be getting a rayvern air ride kit delivered at end of June to be fitted while im in London at begining of July. Still not sure on what rims to run yet but im in a position to buy something nice (FINALLY) so fingers crossed i can make it as sweet as Brad's above.

Forgot to say Brad's above BMW is static... its mental!

Top stuff Sloanes! Not heard much if you in a while dude! Hope you and the family are keeping well, hopefully catch up with you at the shows sometime! :)

• Like 1

Top stuff Sloanes! Not heard much if you in a while dude! Hope you and the family are keeping well, hopefully catch up with you at the shows sometime! :)

Got a bit sick of the fabia and sold everything bar the coilies so had nothing to talk about. The BMW gunna be sweet once i get started on it. Got the funds to do something nice for a change plus air which will be a huge benefit really with the missus and bairn etc. Plan is to have everything bar wheels sorted by end of July then have a look for some nice rims im wanting.

• Like 1

Look forward to seeing more on this Sloanes.

You still planning to get the orange-wheeled monster back for your missus (I don't mean a swap lol) :lol:

Look forward to seeing more on this Sloanes.

You still planning to get the orange-wheeled monster back for your missus (I don't mean a swap lol) :lol:

Cheers mate. Na mate the lad ****ed me over and tried to sell it when i gave him a deposit, it fell through and then i took the deposit back and he can fk off so im getting the Beemer end of the month and get all the mods sorted end of June.

The new motor.

252345_10151957268749358_1011358073_n_zp

Picking it up next weekend.

Its the 320i SE 2.2 Petrol. Full grey leather interior, TAPE PLAYER! cruise control and all the rest of shiz like parking sensors and everything. Needs a properly good clean as its manky. One owner from new and he is an old farmer, clearly doesnt clean his cars coz his Range Rover, Yaris and Pickup were all black as **** too. Spotted a few scrapes but nothing bad. Took it for a drive and it pulls mint (until u notice the MPG needle drop). Full dealership service history last done at 70k - 80k miles currently.

So ill be getting it hopefully Friday night but if not ill get through and pick it up on Saturday then straight home for a full day of cleaning.

Plans are;

- Air ride (ordering at end of next month) So far Rayvern been the best priced iv found.

- Ducktail Spoiler. (end of next month probably)

- Colour coded rubstrips.

- New rims.

not sure which way to go with rims coz i have seen some sweet 18" BMW wheels but may just buy something new.

So thats about it really. Looking forward to getting it and giving a thorough clean then asses it from there. May need some bits painting but thats fine as i wanted something mechanically sound.

:o you must be rolling in the money man!

BMW...

Air ride...

New wheels...

AND... At the same time keeps a miss's and child happy. Hats of to you man... But seriously, what's the secret.

Only joking keep going mate.

P.s. nothing wrong with rocking a tape deck :P

haha i wish. My new job pays very very good bonus lol. Made the same in bonus in just 2 month as i made all year last year so thort id spoil myself haha

Good man. Keep working hard!

Joe

nothing wrong with rocking a tape deck :P

Funk yeah, rockin' it old skool style :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Haha. No unfortunately they dont have bug eyes however it is the facelift version which means the front lights are better than normal E46's imo.

So Air has been sourced and wheels have been picked. Keeping my choices quiet for now but it will all be fitted while im in London in July (8th and 9th) so fingers crossed i come back to a pretty much finished (in terms of air and wheels) motor.

When i collect it on Friday im gunna be spending all of Saturday detailing it as it desperately needs it.

My other immediate plans are full colour coded rubstrips with reg delete (can buy a rubstrip moulding from US that fills where the reg goes), the obvious smaller mods such as LED bulbs and Aero wipers and might alse be able to fork out for the Ducktail spoiler this month too maybe.

I may end up changing the front and rear bumpers but not too sure which way to go yet. Think ill whack the air and rims on then take it from there.

Ill update the thread with the pictures from Saturday once i get my grubby little mitts on it! CANT WAIT!

• Like 1

Sorry for the lack of pictures lads but it was far too dirty to have time to take pictures as well. It come up well theres a few bits im pissed off about like the fact the mudflaps havent been screwed on properly and have rubbed the paint off underneath them. Theres a couple of small scratches but with it being silver u cant really see em unless u know they are there.

Ordered and waiting on delivery for:
- Reg plate blank delete (similar to Bora us rubstrip)
- Ducktail spoiler
- Dealership tax disk holder
- LED reg bulbs etc
- Aero Wipers

Think thats about it but basically it that im wanting for now so it just leaves air and wheels to get next month on payday and hopefully have fitted by the 9th July icon_biggrin.png CANT WAIT

And also i nipped out to take some pics of the car so people can see the full motor and stuff. Not much to look at just yet like but it wont be long and it will be sweet :D
DSC_0022_zpsbab7fe08.jpg
DSC_0023_zps88119d3a.jpg
DSC_0025_zpsee88e2d3.jpg
DSC_0026_zps47333b08.jpg
DSC_0028_zps0fa2a164.jpg
DSC_0029_zpsbe40b698.jpg
DSC_0033_zps4c580894.jpg
DSC_0036_zpsed0b7dae.jpg
DSC_0039_zpsa2d15d22.jpg
DSC_0040_zps2aeb2c27.jpg
DSC_0043_zps6741d620.jpg
DSC_0044_zpsabf990a6.jpg
DSC_0045_zps151b92a0.jpg

Great work on the bay! I'm sure there's bits there that you would disagree with, but to the untrained eye like mine, it looks great! :)

You might have said it already (cba to scroll through) but are you spraying the rub strips silver?

Can't wait for updates on this!

man that bay is spotless!! wish mine would match!! ive tried loads, gegreaers, jet wash, wd40, brushes etc still got loads of crap dotted all over the place!!! how do you do it???