1.4 16v Euro Lupo **PAINTED!!!!!!**

M-automotive

Heres a few pictures of the car once I got it home and off the trailer

d7bedd3e.jpg

a6dd3073.jpg

The car had a flat tyre and a broken spring which made it fun to get off and on the trailer.

Set straight to work and serviced it and fitted a new spring. The brakes were all corroded so put new discs and pads all round as its not worth risking the old ones.

Started into a wee bit of bodywork on Friday as work was quite,

72f29249.jpg

DSC_00102.jpg

DSC_00122.jpg

Edited by M-automotive

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that looks great mate, looking forward to how it comes along - how'd you manage to smooth it all - body filler?

that looks great mate, looking forward to how it comes along - how'd you manage to smooth it all - body filler?

Welded the boot up and then a skim of filler.

The bumper got plastic welded and a skim of flexible filler to prevent cracking.

Today I got the boot lid painted so the glass can go back in tomorrow.

097f1890.jpg

Further plans are put the wheels on and the coilovers should be arriving this week. Just have to see what looks right as I go bodywork wise, don't want to do too much.

Ok small up date,

Rear window went back in last night.

Today I got the boot popper wired in working.

Also got the rear bumper painted and fitted, and of course what did I do? scratched the top edge of the bumper about 15mm. Putting the tail light in typical. It might flat and polish out as its not that bad or that noticeable but it will be fixed at some point this week as it will annoy me.

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

Also got the front end stripped :D

DSC_0060.jpg

Edited by M-automotive

I just have this thing, that I think VW's are the only brand that should keep its identity..VW try so hard to make it harder to debadge, like having the badge slightly embedded in the bonnet, so if you wanted to remove the badge for a flush look, you'd need to do one tiny little bit of work to the bonnet also lol.

I dunno, just think it's a symbol that should kindda be kept.. But that's just me!

Anyway.... Wheel choice plans?

No messing around with this build thread... Straight to work! I like it :P Will be keepin my eye on this one! Keep us updated!

Coilovers arrived yesterday!

Got them fitted today :yes:

Only problem is the drivers side front wheel sits inside the arch whereas the passenger side wheel sits outside.

Am I missing something??? It did it with the wheels on at standard height too.

Pics to follow later