fitting aftermarket door speakers with standard tweets

right ok my passenger door speaker is completely foobard, form ring is torn 80% of the way round the cone, after a hunt ive managed to my old pioneer TS-A171C, but i dont really want the hassle of fitting the tweets from them,

after looking at the OE speakers theres some sort of crossover loom type thing in the spacer and im not sure how to wire the new speakers up as theres four pins on the speaker and only two wires into the plug for the Oe speaker?

any help guys?

From what i saw doing the passat's speakers, the feed for the tweeter was the same as the feed for the woofer, but the tweeter has a resister soldered across the terminals, presumably to cut out some of the frequencies? Not sure if the lupo is the same though. The passat is slightly easier, given that both speakers are contained within the door itself, not split between the door and dash.

From what i saw doing the passat's speakers, the feed for the tweeter was the same as the feed for the woofer, but the tweeter has a resister soldered across the terminals, presumably to cut out some of the frequencies? Not sure if the lupo is the same though. The passat is slightly easier, given that both speakers are contained within the door itself, not split between the door and dash.

Yes the Lupo tweeters are the same.

• 2 weeks later...

right ok my passenger door speaker is completely foobard, form ring is torn 80% of the way round the cone, after a hunt ive managed to my old pioneer TS-A171C, but i dont really want the hassle of fitting the tweets from them,

after looking at the OE speakers theres some sort of crossover loom type thing in the spacer and im not sure how to wire the new speakers up as theres four pins on the speaker and only two wires into the plug for the Oe speaker?

any help guys?

it could be that the crossover is mounted on the speaker, and therefore you put the sound feed into the mid speaker, and then run the tweeters out the back of that, so maybe just try both and see how you get on ?

tbh it wasnt worth the hassle i just fitted the tweeters that came with the speakers into the oe grills,

the crossover is mounted in the oe speker spacer an wouldve reqyuired far to much feckin about about with, got them all in and fitted sounds much better.

• 4 weeks later...

I know it is too late for you, but maybe if someone used the search facility it'll help them.

Audio leads PC2-807 should help?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC2-807-Volkswagen-Golf-MK4-Polo-Speaker-Adaptor-Lead-/160419142673

It leaves you two wires to wire the woofer into and pass through to the tweeter.

My oem blaupunkt tweeters have built in crossovers on the unit, if they're all like that then i can only assume the crossover in the door is to killl the tweeter frequencies from the door speakers.