Alll lupo cupholders the same?

lupo_jack

The early Lupo's came with a cup holder as standard on the "S" it fitted in the space under the stereo and was an option (£30) on "E" specification cars. However if you wanted the CD player both specifications lost the cup holder. As the hazard flasher switch moved up the dashboard to between the air vents the cup holders moved down to the position shown in the second picture above. At that point I think they became standard on all Lupo's. The only difference that I can recall was that the GTI got two cup holders while the rest of the range got a cup holder and a storage tray.

My first Lupo was a year 2000 1.0e, they would have been in the lower D.I.N. space. I can not imagine it would be that difficult to fit them, I think they come in a D.I.N. size unit that plugs in. Might be an idea to contact "lupoboz" in the traders section and see if he can obtain one from Volkswagen. He may also be able to identify any fixing that you may need.

Sadly with your dashboard, which I assume has a row of switches under the CD player including the hazard warning switch and the heated rear window switch, you would have to lose the CD player. One idea may be to use a Single DIN Stereo which would free up the space for the cupholder. Or try a cup holder that goes over the door.

Dont get rid of your cd player!!!!

If you have bottles, put them where the Seat forward and back pull thing is. Witth he bottle top facing towards you. Perfect little bottle holder, I had to find holders as my MFD took away my holders :(

Dont get rid of your cd player!!!!

If you have bottles, put them where the Seat forward and back pull thing is. Witth he bottle top facing towards you. Perfect little bottle holder, I had to find holders as my MFD took away my holders :(

Good for a bottle and i use it even though I have cup holders. Not so good for a cup though!