Riots in Peckham from today.

Tallika_Fan

crazy scenes and no excuse for anyone involved in any of this - totally tragic.

but the knee jerk 'scum' and 'mob' reactions, many of which are being propagated by the media coverage, don't address the question of why these people feel it's ok to act in this way in the first place. this is the big question we've got to answer. why does our society produce people and situations where this is the outcome?

usually the obstetrician or midwife tells the mother - "its's a boy" or "it's a girl" not "it's a scum sucking rioter"

complex issues but many of them are societal in nature. my big worry is how we persistently insist on following the US's lead where everything's concerned until we get to the point where the social divides are so huge that we have the virtually no-go murder, drug and crime ridden areas they have, chiefly as a result of massive social divisions.

i'm not excusing any of the rioters or the behaviour, but if we want to stop further degeneration in the future we have to step back and realise how these things come about don't we?

As funny as some of the jokes about these riots seem at first, the reality is that this is really happening, in our supposedly civilised country, at this very moment... and this is a very sobering & scary fact.

They started rioting because someone got shot by the police, but now it's turned into a "woe is me, i've got nothing so I'm going to steal what I can and screw the rest of you" riot in which those who have nothing but are going out looting are winning no sympathy from the rest of the public by their actions and unfortunately, those innocent people who are honestly living off benefits and are not getting involved in the rioting will ultimately get tarred with the same brush simply because they claim benefits. Clever, eh?

I really feel for my friends & family with children - what kind of a society are they forced to bring those innocent lives into?

To the people involved in the riots, I quote the name of an anti-riot group on Facebook: "Smashing up your own city because you have the IQ of a ham sandwich".

Half the people on this site won't have the intelligence to understand what you just wrote. However yes, We all laughed and found it funny when there were riots in other European countries such as Greece and France. It's embarrassing to think that most of us would have thought 'That'll never happen here'...

I'd like mandatory abortions for the next 10 years please and a block on all future immigration. Not only will this give our country a f*cking break, but it'd probably affect the economy for the better and free up a few more jobs at some point in the future!

Hahaha

"These are bad people who did this. Kids out of control. When I was young it was all Pacman and board games. Now they're playing Grand Theft Auto and want to live it for themselves."

So I assume this Policeman wanted to live out Pacman for himself so spends his time eating ghosts? Get a grip it's not the games, it's the lack of authority present in peoples lives.

So I assume this Policeman wanted to live out Pacman for himself so spends his time eating ghosts? Get a grip it's not the games, it's the lack of authority present in peoples lives.

Yeah he ran around the streets making only 90Ëš turns and eating large quantities of pills

Edited by nfbr