Painting cost.

Kent

Right after the accident with 2 bricks, I decided to buy a new front lower GTI bumper. This cost me £65 from VW and in primer. I was quoted around £140 from a few people to repair so thought it would be better to buy new and keep the old as a spare!

I'm picking the bumper up thursday and have been getting quotes for paint, the cheapest I could get was £100........ :wacko: some even wanted £150/£170

Is £100 a lot or am I out of touch?

As I posted on edition if Redditch isn't too far for you to travel I might be able to get it done cheaper . . .

Thing is I keep hearing mixed reviews from people about local garages! I've never needed paint done before so not a clue!

Hate to say it mate, but there's only one way to find out. :angry:

Hopefully it isn't to costly if all goes bad, but could pay off if you find a decent garage.

go to a few garages and ask if any of their guys do any work from home, thats what i did, found another vw enthusiast who is currently spraying my entire rear bumper for £80 with him doing all the prep work, he originally said £100, and everywhere else local was saying £120, i could have said £70 but that sounded like a slightly insulting drop from £100, and i do want him to do a good job!