BlockHead's mk2 Arosa Sport

BlockHead

This is the second thread I've made for this car but progress was SO slow the thread seems to be lost somewhere and I don't fancy lurking through dozens of pages to find it. Think it was only a page long :P

Anyways, it's my first car, bought it from a mate who got it from a dude on here in November.

Untitled-3copy.jpg

Untitled-2copy.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

Bought it with smoothed bumpers, not perfect tbh. Few cracks here and there annd now the odd scuff where I've had it a while but it was one less thing I had to do :)

First thing I did was ditch the standard black Seat wheels and replace them with a set of 15x7 Artec PAs

Started off looking like this...

167131_487596871547_644781547_6559611_270721_n.jpg

Then after a few coats of paint looked like this

170527_497095701547_644781547_6683464_1176528_o-1.jpg

Then stickerbombed my interior trim and filler cap

DSC00580.jpg

DSC00582.jpg

Got a lot of positive feedback (as well as hate) but the novelty soon wore off when I realised JUST how many people used the Stickerbomb books on their cars.

After a while they faded to the point of being nearly greyscale, and started to peel so I got sick of them and painted it all to match the wheels :)

DSC01269.jpg

Somewhere in the middle of this I sourced some used FK Highsports from eBay, but the locking rings were knackered and this resulted in a 4 month emmail chain with the FK parts dept to get replacements, so they were never fitted :(

But in the last few weeks I finally managed to get them through and the car's set to be decked on Tuesday :D

And since owning the immaculate wheels, I've kinda ruined the lips through poor parking, so to save time/effort/money by refurbs I just sanded the lips back and sprayed them satin black, fading into the purple :) Quite happy with the look tbf :D

DSC01266.jpg

But yeah, prgress has been VERY slow due to my exhaust flexi needing replacing, waterpump, cambelt, pulleys, tensioners and a few other little things that ate at my small budget :(

DSC00758.jpg

Also painted the mirrors purple too but not got pics yet :)

Glad you've ditched the sticker bombing, at least on the o\s as it ruined the looks of the car.

Looks good, liking the colours together.

Reading through i think ive put as much effort into this car as you have! Well i helped. I sourced the Artecs out of the scrap yard. to buy new there about £120 each IF you can find them, these are the only the 2nd set ive seen in the country, The coilovers are FK Highsports which i refurbed, nice ride considering the maxxed out nearly on the front. Although once Cruise for Heroes (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=157023487668946) next week, i think they will be going up slightly! the wheels also look good on polos . . . . :P

Now waiting for abuse for posting a polo on the lupo forum.

225801_10150166523387901_673062900_6748199_7834959_n-1.jpg

And i can bet you £20 i will be helping out with the lupo lights. Car is looking alot better now Nick, just sort that blue interior

Trigg.

The lupo rears are relatively easy to wire in! Just follow the how to thread on here and you wont go wrong!

Make sure you dont have any dud bulbs, i played around with mine for ages wondering why my fogs wouldnt come on haha. Bulbs had gone pop! :rolleyes:

Now waiting for abuse for posting a polo on the lupo forum.

Trigg.

Well hello there!

No you won't, we understand that there are other cars in the world.

Your Polo isn't bad either for a Polo :lol: I jest.

Hope all is well with you buddy!

Edited by NOCK

The lupo rears are relatively easy to wire in! Just follow the how to thread on here and you wont go wrong!

Make sure you dont have any dud bulbs, i played around with mine for ages wondering why my fogs wouldnt come on haha. Bulbs had gone pop! :rolleyes:

Same thing with my 6n2 onto my 6n poxy bulbs had blown. proper scratching my head moment. . . . .

Well hello there!

No you want, we understand that there are other cars in the world.

Your Polo isn't bad either for a Polo I jest.

Hope all is well with you buddy!

Mr Nock dont start commenting on here, ive already tryed persuading Nick to not buy a Lupo GTI, He'll start drooling again. Oh and change back to your Bathurst's!

Cheeky ad for the cruise. I'll give the lights a pop but me and wires never go well =S

Sure we can do it mate, might aswell work on yours now im bored with mine. and theres nothing wrong with a cheeky ad for the cruise either! oh and if your in the south free up saturday night . . .

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=157023487668946

Better?

Trigger. =)

Mr Nock dont start commenting on here, ive already tryed persuading Nick to not buy a Lupo GTI, He'll start drooling again. Oh and change back to your Bathurst's!

Not sure whether to refurb the Bathursts in a different colour or fit skinnier tyres to my BBS RX214's. Either way the car needs lowering.

Or, just change car...I keep seeing a yellow Evo VIII with a black roof, bonnet and wheels and whilst it makes me feel dirty to think it, I keep thinking 'I could so get one of them' :(

I lusted after a GTI for years, and I loved it when I got it...but I keep wanting something faster. There's something about 0-60 in 6 seconds that just feels so good (the girlfriend had several TT's and whilst I don't have that much time for them, the acceleration was good fun).

I'm really not sure what to do because every time I go to buy some coilovers or lowering springs I think 'do I really want to do this?' :(

Tried and failed, still want one :wub: Though tbf since decking mine I've fallen in love with how it sits and am now buzzing with motivation :blink:

Black roof if I get this new job?

Yeh sounds like a plan will get D Sign to do it for you, When hes back in the country.