James's GTD & Jetta - Still Alive..

James827

the trims are good, just need a bit of TLC.

ive just been driving it ATM, the cleaning will commence tomorrow! (Hopefully)

also, today my passenger door didn't want to work,

Managed to get it to work in the end! I just wont Ever put the Key in that side again. (I have central locking)

also i do want rid of the back-box, I fancy either a single or double Upsweppt Jobbie, or just a 16V box,

but its a full power-flow system, so not sure if the bores will match. (also I don't have much $$ at present :( )

Also, tried on a rather Mucky G60 steel today, and was a bit sad to find that they didn't really suit the car.

maybe with bigger profile tyres but im still not sure they will quite cut it!

IMG-20121114-00194.jpg

Overall I love the GTD, propper Man car.

No Power steering is a Pain but it feels and Goes very well on the Move.

Also its a 1.6TD engine is any ones interested, its on 180K, its had a top end rebuild, but everything else is original (exempt: clutch, timing belt etc)

Il take Many more Pictures over this next few week, and on my camera!

Soo, I gave the car a quick clean today,

I also found Lots of damp under the boot carpet and generally gave the car a good look around in the light for pretty much the first time. ( I have seen it up on the ramps and had a look at it, but didn't start looking under seats and stuff)

P1010086.jpg

Rust reformer was used on Surface rust in the Boot :)

P1010087.jpg

the can did leak a bit mind..

P1010088.jpg

Still not perfect but acceptable!

P1010089.jpg

P1010090.jpg

I want to Wet Vac this away, but dont want to get it Wet really.. The cars all under-sealed so i don't know weather its just inside surface rust or what..

P1010091.jpg

P1010092.jpg

P1010095.jpg

P1010098.jpg

P1010100.jpg

Made with the Duct tape to help Protect the back of the boot a bit.

P1010103.jpg

P1010105.jpg

P1010108.jpg

The outside only had a Quick wash, Just to get it acceptable. will be giving it a good Clay down, a good polish and wax when the weathers in my favour!

Also, the rear bumper seems to have been sprayed with some kinda Clear Paint. Not quite sure what to do with that really. would like to strip if off, but not sure if it will damage plastic

haha! its pretty cool, not sure on the VW spray job mind.

I want to get switch blanks and black carpet, but apparently changing the carpets annoying as it never Quite goes in the same again!

and I like the seats. they are comfy. Just wanna wire up the heating elements!

I really need to spend money on practical things at the moment, it needs 4 new tyres pretty soon, tax at the end of the month, and I dont even have a radio that works!

theres a battery cover and under-tray on Ebay, but they are a bit expensive. :(

hmm I dunno, il think about it! I do know of some Black carpets, so il see how much they would want for them!

and I do fancy new wheels but not sure on what to go for, would Love some Bullet steels but waay outta my budget.

thinking 15" RAs for an OEM look

People want too muh for RAs atm.

I've given sets away before, they're ugly and stupid.

Go on fleabay and look for some 4x100 with decent tyres locally, spend the winter on stupid crap wheels ?

true, my mate has some steelies from a vento just sat in his garden, im tempted to run them as they tyres are good. but i don't know if i want 14" on there. i have a set of scala snowflakes with good tyres, but again, i don't think they will suit.

yes. haha, it was a bit of a garden shed to a MK2 guru, been sat for a while and had lots of crap in it. I washed it today for like the second time in a year, he gave it a Quick wash a few weeks ago for me to see it, but apart from that.. yeah.

it has plenty of charm, Everybody loves it, People come up in college and ask me about it ahah.