James's GTD & Jetta - Still Alive..

James827

• 3 weeks later...

IMG-20120618-00093.jpg

IMG-20120618-00095.jpg

IMG-20120618-00094.jpg

Its very stiff and bouncy. I believe there from the TA technix Coilovers or another Cheap Brand.

Im happy with the Level Of Lows for now. I do need New dampers mind as i cant see mine lasting too long

But i think il put some Money aside for New spine too :innocent:

i will get a full on side comparison shot like the other two when its settled some more too, but it is Pretty Level with the Front, Not tucking But almost :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

P1000930.jpg

One of my friends Noticed I Had a rubber bung on my back window.

'What does this doo?' - and then he Pushed it in. I could not find the bung so stuck some fuzzy thing over it till it stopped raining. he fell off leaving his feet :(

Re Wipered now.

also, due to this weather I've been unable to Clean, and with the Mucky welsh Side roads its a bit Minging. :paperbag:

P1000927.jpg

There's also lots of Bits to Fit on my bedroom floor, so ukno, when it stops raining.... :innocent:

haha there long gone now :( its on about 82k.

figuring out what rude word I can spell next aha.

its probably going to stay like this for a while. i mean, the wheels should be going white soon, and ill be permanently putting them shorter rear springs in.

but im very short on money ahah.

I feel your pain man, just got back from Europe and now even filling the car up is gonna be a struggle haha :paperbag:

Christ, haha i don't even have enough to Fill, only topup! £10 gets me where i need to go mind :)

In other news, The cars clean once more. and if the weathers nice Tommorow I might have a go at fitting my new brakes.

• 1 month later...

Yep!

hopefully it will take up the slack on my new springs and it would be comfy. my only worry is the opposite of popping them from being too low, but ripping the tops off them! il find out tommorow mind.

half tempted to get the rear springs and adjusters as-well (corsa B) but i would probably get mad reverse rake!

there a pretty close fit on the bottom, the bolts got a Minute amount of play but i think ive got a way to sort that, and ive got a bag of washers to make sure it dosent move from side to side

Corsa springs won't fit. And you may find those shocks too soft ( i talk from personal experience) I am now waiting on a set of corsa gaz adjustable dampening shocks witch should work :thumbsup: .

Edited by north wales loop

im not looking for it to be super track stiff, i want everyday comfort :) i think it would be okay for that i guess.

i was offered some corsa b Avo adjustable ones but i cant afford it ahah

do you think il pop the tops off them? (Ta tehcnix rear springs, so adjusters or cap)

ey? don't understand what you are trying to say lol

what about popping the tops off the shocks or the other stuff?

im worried that the springs will be compressed more and put the shocks under pressure (with the wheels off the ground - shocks at highest point and springs under compression)

and one day I will go over a bump and the shock will just fall to bits

right o.

got some bubbles in me fuel so i changed the filter and there still there but much smaller. (could not cause a change in MPG)

also now my alternator belt has started slipping which is why my battery died the other day.

i have a new belt and i will fill up the car to the brim.

if i do less that 400 miles on that tank then i will be seriously considering returning to standard, selling and buying an Ibiza 6K2 TDI.

much more power and not much difference in price.

Might talk myself out of this but this cars really Pee'd me off in the past few days.

I love driving the thing but if its not one thing its another :(

• 3 weeks later...

Righto. little update

I've been doing some math.

To run my car (minus fuel and other problems)

And also to modify and touch up it to how I want it is going to cost me in the reigion of £1600.

so..

Do I carry on with this, just enjoy the economy, build up my Ncb and do things properly second time around? Orr

Build up a turbo diesel mk2. Which would cost what I could get for this and my insurance would be a bit more (1200) but I would have a bigger faster car.

I seem to be having a full car quite often so a bigger car would be better, but I can see me missing the lupo. It's become my trademark. Hmm

Also I'm picking up my new wheels on the weekend :) gunna do a quick DIY and run them for a month and see if they sit how I want, and either sell them on or refurb them to a higher standard....

Who knows what's gunna happen. But either way im going to start saving now. Watch this space I guess....:)

Yeah man you too, and i had to shoot too, i got home at 9 ahaha been driving for 8 hours. ish

i did 300 miles and used 'Quarter of a tank' and I was not being as steady on the way back aha

but yeah, il be trying them on tommorow.. and then raising the car up and running them for a bit.

i think people can tell what ive bought now lol

Busy day. Spent most of the day fighting with a vento.

and then tried on my new wheels. B)

Also, ive Lowered it a tad since any last update :)

P1000998.jpg

P1000999.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010007.jpg

needs a wash :paperbag: and tracking..

P1010008.jpg

lol lopsided

P1010009.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

8j fronts loool

P1010014.jpg

i also need to raise my car back up, so i can have my rear seats back, because I seems to just bung everything in there with the seats down. and its a bit messy..

P1010015.jpg

FYI. corsa B rear shocks hold the springs in very well, but unless you get uprated ones your wheels will be rubbing on the top of your arch liners like mine!

the wheels were also swiftly removed as they need spigots, and they did not clear my brake calliper so i need spacers!

I also need a tyre of two as some of them are Questionable.

they will probably be going Black or Grey centres and Polished dish!

i have plenty of time over winter to sort this :ermm:

might also swap for the RH Classics on my buddied vento. so who knows. both will need a bit of tlc before im happy with them :)

Scalas? Should look good with the right tyre profile.

Your loop looks loads better already with those other Alloys on though -just need to give it a clean!