Getting a Snake.

Brammo

Ok so me and my Dad have a Harris Hawk called Monty and he's lovely. We went to the pet shop to get him some food and - as you do - whilst browsing the lovely reptile house I saw this beautifully coloured Nelson Milk Snake. Now I am getting ready to get him some time next week. Just reading a couple of guides now my mate keeps six snakes as well so just getting a bit of info off him. Any one else got a snake would love to see some pictures.

Luke

Not much help but we have a Supersnow eopard Gecko & Yemen Chamelon :D looked after my friends king snakes last year, liked handling them but the frozen fuzzys bothered me lmao. Go on RFUK there's all the info you'd ever want on that forum, massive sections. I like the red, white and black milksnakes not sure what they are specifically. Would love a Tokay gecko though.

Yeah I found a thread you started. Elmo made me laugh, cute looking thing he is :D. Yeah it's a really helpful forum just been reading up so I can look after it as well as possible. I want a Honduran Milk Snake with a touch of orange but they seem to be hard to come by. :(

They really are quite fantastic. We take Monty over the fields and he circles for ages sometimes if we are lucky a pheasant will revel itself and watching him come down on a pheasant is awesome. You should get one great birds to start off with Harris Hawks are. Just make sure you get one from a chick and you will be sound. They aren't particularly expensive to keep either. They just require a lot of flying but if you enjoy them then that won't be a problem. Plus the looks on peoples faces when you are walking down the road with a hawk on your hand is priceless.

I wish I had a Hawk :( I'm going learning to fly hawks for my birthday :D

I want a tiger. It'd be awesome, but I think walkies off the lead around Hollingworth Lake might be a bit fraught.

Edited by IDGM