what can i do thats not a insurance budger

Dan *Arosa* Fisher

hi all im wondering what can i do with my car that is not classed as a modification on insurance so i can do it and not worry about my insurance being void if i have a pile up *touch wood*

anything at all you can think of at all would be much appreciated

Cheers

Dan

hi all im wondering what can i do with my car that is not classed as a modification on insurance so i can do it and not worry about my insurance being void if i have a pile up *touch wood*

Cheers

Dan

tbh I dont think it puts the insurance costs up a great deal if you add a couple of mods

Some insurance companies seem to make one charge for non performance modifications upto a certain value.

So it would really depend on your insurance co. and what mod's you want to make.

Ray

Rear Lights. De badge. Aerial. Engine detailing. Paint/wrap interior parts. Replace any broken parts. Trim the back of the rear seats in carpet. Pressed plates. Lamin x front lights.

The list goes on and on.

Basically any thing little and subtle the insurance don't usually need to know about.

I don't think theirs a single thing on the list above the insurance need to know about.

My insurance does not go up unless it is a performance enhancing mod on my Golf... I called them lst week to ask if I could lower it and paint the wheels and they said thats all fine and will not increase the premium as long as I tell them.

I once had a Mk1 Golf Gti that had LOADS of undeclared mods. Some guy drove into the back of it and shunted me into the car infront writing the car off, I lost out on some of the value fee as I had not declared the mods... lesson learnt for me :rolleyes:

Just call them and say 'I'm thinking about doing this, will it change my premium?'

Edited by stealthie

Cheers

Dan

polish it. might not seem much but a good polish or having it machine polished professionally can make a big difference, especially in a red car