Poor mpg

Done coolant temp sensor, plugs which were Bosch now ngk, new (standard) leads all within last month or 2. Not long serviced - car has done about 76k with full Vw history. When I got it I was always getting 170 exactly to a tank now 140 and a slight misfire has developed which hopefully a new coilpack will solve on Friday. Vag com says nothing, May have to look into the possibility of a leak???

As you know it's just frustrating.

Patrick

Done coolant temp sensor, plugs which were Bosch now ngk, new (standard) leads all within last month or 2. Not long serviced - car has done about 76k with full Vw history. When I got it I was always getting 170 exactly to a tank now 140 and a slight misfire has developed which hopefully a new coilpack will solve on Friday. Vag com says nothing, May have to look into the possibility of a leak???

As you know it's just frustrating.

Patrick

I have the exact same promblem as you, I get 40 miles for £10 and 140 on a full tank. something is seriously wrong :/ I have a very slight misfire so i might just change the leads/coilpack. Ive done a full service minus them a few months ago..*shrugs* let me know if u get rid of your fuel & misfire problem.

Im actually glad I'm not the only one - got another thread going about mine. I've changed the lot now and the coilpack had one corroded terminal and plugs were bosch which were spitting a lead off. The misfire is only noticable when idling but has got a lot better after changing coilpack without a doubt although it's not gone. I've just filled her up so will let you know if it effects economy. Vag com again showed no faults yesterday. Does your misfire get worse when sitting at lights etc.

Patrick

It all depends what pumps I go to some are more sensitive than others if that makes sense and they will click before you have got it proper brimming. I am surprised no one has mentioned the magic button yet.