Bickertons Lupo

Bickerton

Wheels  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Righty, will add more pics etc to this thread later, for the time being, i am after some opinions on my wheels as in which looks best polished etc

As i bought it

67575f7d.jpg

Quick rundown/history of the car.

I bought it a few months ago off a guy that frequents a few forums i use, it was decked and a harsh ride, turns out all four dampers on the FK coilover kit was blown, later turns out he was aware of this at time of sale..

Decided to get a slightly better kit to replace it so got the Weitec Hicon GT set, still need to lower it a bit more but will do that once i get my new wheels on.

Main plans for now are undoing all the work that was done by cutting corners like repainting badges and such like, they weren't even keyed before painting, let alone primered lol.

First thing i did was remove all the stickers off the rear window as i feel i'm a little old for them

How it stands atm

IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

So i wanted some better wheels obviously,

Won these for £35

IMAG0135.jpg

They turned up like this ..

IMAG0134.jpg

And i had them powdercoated to this

IMAG0154.jpg

Unfortunatly the finish wasn't great and i decided in the end it would piss me off so sold em on. BCBT it would seem ;)

Then these wheels came up on another forum, had always liked em and were £80 for five of them

They are off an Lotus Eclat circa 1970ish

IMAG0176.jpg

Which now brings me to a question.

Will be ages now for me to pay someone to polish/powdercoat them etc, so as i have alot of free time atm i felt i would have a go and see how it turned out.

So far i am here with one of the wheels

IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

Needless to say it has been an utter cock ache so as is a decent amount of pitting to sand past so as a result i have decided i will not polish all the wheel face, my intenton is to just do specific parts which brings me to the opinion parts of it all.

Options are

1) Outer lip and inner bowl like in this pic

IMAG0273.jpg

2) Just the outer lip

3) outer lip and the inner lip/dish

IMAG0272-1.jpg

Also the wheel bolts are shiny shiny

Whatever happens the remaining wheel will be painted a satin black

Thanks for looking

Edited by Bickerton

Well i reckon the outer lip and inner bowl option is best with a shiny color on the other parts however i think a full polish would probably be worth the effort as they would look stunning :)

Edited by Brother_Will

Righty, decided to lower this a little more as not gonna get my new wheels on it for a bit.

Yesterday i spent a couple of hours giving it a clean and a clay etc but it is in real need of a good seeing too off a rotary so thats somehting for in a couple of months

Went for a little drive to find a nice spot for a couple of snaps and happened upon this well known dogging site!

Seems they only come out at night tho :(

IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

On a side note, wheel polishing is off my to-do list for the rest of the week...

IMAG0282.jpg

Edited by Bickerton

• 3 weeks later...

All about the little things for atm till i get some wheels sorted for this thing.

Though i'd darken my indicators a little without having to crack em open as i feel it looks a little nicer

Before

IMAG0299.jpg

During

IMAG0300.jpg

After

IMAG0301.jpg

Flashy flash

IMAG0302.jpg

I do need to get a new grill thing as the previous owner was the kinda guy that is there was a clip that could get broken,.. he broke it :(

Thanks for looking

Edited by Bickerton

Nice work, good to see you sorting out all the bits the previous owner managed to fudge up.

Lotus wheels look great. I'd send them to Mike and have them fully polished, would look mint!

Alex

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Righty, small update ;)

Decided i wanted 15's so the Lotus wheels have been ruled out.

Whilst lookin on ebay i noyiced this little fellas

IMAG0321.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0328.jpg

They were a bargain and i feel look utterly sexy!

Thanks for looking :D

Edited by Bickerton