chassis notching

kev tdi

Just past the church , third right then second left after the newsagent , its right inbetween the post box and the green grocers , thats chassis notch in kent.

Edited by scotty_82

for someone who can weld and use a grinder it is a fairly straight forward task.

The difficulty comes with access, (might not be such a problem with the 3cyl TDI lump)

Had to have everything stripped out of the way to get in there on mine.

Take these to any performance, custom or classic resto garage.

They shouldn't have a problem doing it, about an hours work I would have thought.

IMG00190-20101022-1608.jpg

notch.jpg

• 5 months later...

People lowering cars creating bump steer, peopler running stretch..................... we could go on.

If its done right with some decent quality steel welded in then its not all that bad.

People lowering cars creating bump steer, peopler running stretch..................... we could go on.

If its done right with some decent quality steel welded in then its not all that bad.

and i disagree with all those things.

If you look at it if you have a nasty bump on the front end then its just gonna bend as its gotta be weaker than the rest of the chassis.

Not if you plate it up with the same material you chop out mate. Makes sense really. Yeah you're chopping into the chassis but if you're replacing it with just as thick metal in the correct way then it's perfectly safe. That's why not all metal structures have to be all out box sections.

If you look at it if you have a nasty bump on the front end then its just gonna bend as its gotta be weaker than the rest of the chassis.

You drive a standard lupo then ?

Why you on there then, bet you don't agree with any one's cars, i dont agree with some extremes bit.

But lowering is hardly a crime.

uh.. have you ever had a nasty bump on the front end, The chassis legs bend anyway ?

plated in a semi-circular way like that and then welded it is actually probably less likely to bend downwards.

For anyone considering a chassis notch though be aware that it does count as modification to the monocoque shell will require extra testing beyond MOT if spotted by the right/wrong people

Still can't believe you sold your arosa jowey.

haha thank you mate.

I do miss the car, well no I miss the seats, those A3 sportbacks were bloody lush.

currently have this though:

6964ada9.jpg

So don't really miss the 'drivability' of the Arosa

Smiles per pound the Alfa wins.

CV joint robust'ness.. the Arosa wins :lol:

One of my mates is good mates with the new owner. The other week he showed me a pic of him on his back with the arosa stuck right up in the air and he had his grinder and welder out on the subframe, i was like nooooo!

2.0 Twinspark.

around 155bhp

really nicely balanced car

:lol: yeh it's on coil-overs

Edited by Jowey